Watch your faves from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and more.
How to set up Disney+ on iOS devices
Your Apple device is ready for all the Disney+ streaming action.
Disney's new streaming service Disney+ is here, giving the likes of Netflix, Stan and Amazon Prime some stiff competition.
Disney+ is offering the full Star Wars back catalogue as well as its new live-action series The Mandalorian. It's also stocking a huge slab of Disney's library of classic animations, Pixar movies, the Marvel Cinematic Universe including recent releases such as Avengers Endgame, and the National Geographic channel.
The new subscription video on demand service is ready for use on your favourite mobile device. Here's how to set up Disney+ on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Step 1: Download the Disney+ iOS app from the App Store.
Go to the App Store on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and search for the Disney+ app. Click the "Get" button to install the app onto your device.
Step 2: Create an account with Disney+
Luckily, Disney+ is offering a 7-day free trial so you can try the service before committing to a monthly subscription.
If you like what you see, you can then sign up to a subscription for $8.99 per month. There's also an $89.99 per year option, which can help you save about 16% compared to the monthly subscription and equates to about two months free.
If you haven't already set up an account on the Disney+ website, clicking either the monthly or annual subscription buttons inside the app will use your App Store payment details to sign you up for a subscription.
If you sign up through the website, you can choose a different payment method, such as PayPal or a credit card.
Step 3: Create user profiles
Unless you're the only person in your household using Disney+, it's worth creating separate user profiles for each user. That way, watchlists and viewing histories can be kept separate for each person.
- Once you're in the app, tap on the Mickey Mouse icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the "Add Profile" button.
- Choose an avatar for the profile.
- Give the profile a name.
- Select whether this is a "Kids Profile". This only allows Disney's child-friendly content to be viewed by this user.
- Enable "Autoplay" if you would like the next episode in a series to play automatically when you're watching TV.
Step 4: Start watching
To watch a movie or TV show, simply tap on the film or series you want to watch, grab some popcorn and enjoy. If you're hoping to watch offline, check out our guide on how to download Disney+ titles.
Step 5: Stream to your TV
If you have Apple TV connected to your television, you can broadcast Disney+ from your phone so that you can enjoy your content with full sound on the big screen.
Tap on the AirPlay icon near the top corner of your screen and choose your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices.
Image Source: Disney+ website
- Frozen 2 now available on Disney+ in Australia
- Loki series on Disney+: Everything we know so far
- The Mandalorian on Disney+: When are we getting Season 2?
- Diary of a Future President on Disney+ preview: Release date, cast, reviews
- Updated: Live-action The Lion King is now on Disney+ in Australia
- The 2019 Aladdin will drop on Disney+ Australia in January
Stream the best and save
Try Kayo Sports' on-demand live streaming service for 14 days free.
Ask an Expert