How to set up Disney+ on Android TV
Disney's new streaming service is here. Here's how you can watch it on your Android TV.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Disney's new streaming service Disney+ isn't just for smartphones, tablets and computers. There's an entire generation of TVs that can run the latest streaming service without the need for a Chromecast or Apple TV.
Step 1. Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, the app will be available through the Google Play store. Disney says that its service works with an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating system, although there are reports that it's not working on some devices.
Launch the Google Play store on your Android TV device and search for the Disney+ app. Once you've found the app, click "Install".
Once the app is installed you can launch it. If you've already created a Disney+ account, you can log in right away and head straight to Step 3.
Step 2. Create a Disney+ account on your Android TV
If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so from a web browser. Alternatively, you can sign up directly from the app. Here's how:
- Open the Disney+ app and tap on Start free trial.
- Enter your email address. If you don't want to receive promotional e-mails from Disney+, make sure to uncheck the checkmark from the box below the email field.
- Review the terms and tap Agree and Continue if all sounds good
- Create a password. Make sure it's a strong one.
- Select a billing option – monthly or yearly. You can subscribe for $8.99 per month, or, if you're really committed to Disney+, you can sign up for a whole year for $89.99.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your subscription. Since you're signing up via Android, your subscription will be connected to your Google Play account. Select your preferred payment method and confirm.
Note: if you want to end your subscription at any point, you can open the Play Stop, go to Subscriptions from the main menu, tap Disney+, and select Cancel subscription.
Step 3. Log in and watch from your Android TV
Once your account is set up, log in through the Android TV app and start browsing Disney+'s extensive library, which features classic and reimagined Disney hits, movies from Pixar, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, new and old Star Wars and documentaries from National Geographic.
Image Source: Disney+ website
- The Mandalorian season 2: Everything you need to know
- Where to watch Clouds online in Australia
- Here’s everything coming to Disney+ Australia in October 2020
- How to use Disney+ new GroupWatch feature
- How to watch Disney’s Mulan remake online in Australia and what you’ll pay
- Best Star Wars movies: Ranked by score, box office, budget + more
More guides on Finder
Best projectors in Australia
Here are the 7 best projectors you can buy right now for all your home theatre and gaming needs.
How to watch the 2020 AFL Grand Final overseas
Famous clubs Richmond and Geelong clash in the 2020 AFL Grand Final. This is how you can watch overseas.
How to watch the 2020 NRL Grand Final from overseas
The Melbourne Storm take on the Penrith Panthers in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. Here's how you can watch overseas.
How to invest in the MyDeal IPO
The online retailer is expected to raise $40 million as it launches onto the ASX. Here's what you need to know.
Oppo Watch review
Despite its obvious copying of Apple's Watch design, Oppo's Watch delivers the goods if you're keen on an Android Wear watch to cover the smartphone basics in a stylish way.
How to watch the 2020 Dally M Medal live and free
The NRL’s annual awards night will have a very different look in 2020 due to the pandemic.
What is Kayo’s RaceView feature and how does it work?
Kayo has announced a special RaceView feature to bring a new experience to the Bathurst 1000 broadcast.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 qualifying live online
It might be an endurance race but grid positions can be crucial for the V8 Supercars at Bathurst 1000.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 live online in Australia
The 2020 Bathurst 1000 race is on this weekend, here's a full preview and details on how to see all the action.
RSA courses online in Australia
Everything you need to know about landing a job that requires the service of alcohol. Here’s how you can get your RSA online.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert