Save 16% on Disney+ with an annual subscription
How to set up Disney+ on Android TV
Disney's new streaming service is here. Here's how you can watch it on your Android TV.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Disney's new streaming service Disney+ isn't just for smartphones, tablets and computers. There's an entire generation of TVs that can run the latest streaming service without the need for a Chromecast or Apple TV.
Step 1. Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, the app will be available through the Google Play store. Disney says that its service works with an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating system, although there are reports that it's not working on some devices.
Launch the Google Play store on your Android TV device and search for the Disney+ app. Once you've found the app, click "Install".
Once the app is installed you can launch it. If you've already created a Disney+ account, you can log in right away and head straight to Step 3.
Step 2. Create a Disney+ account on your Android TV
If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so from a web browser. Alternatively, you can sign up directly from the app. Here's how:
- Open the Disney+ app and tap on Start free trial.
- Enter your email address. If you don't want to receive promotional e-mails from Disney+, make sure to uncheck the checkmark from the box below the email field.
- Review the terms and tap Agree and Continue if all sounds good
- Create a password. Make sure it's a strong one.
- Select a billing option – monthly or yearly. You can subscribe for $11.99 per month, or, if you're really committed to Disney+, you can sign up for a whole year for $119.99.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your subscription. Since you're signing up via Android, your subscription will be connected to your Google Play account. Select your preferred payment method and confirm.
Note: if you want to end your subscription at any point, you can open the Play Stop, go to Subscriptions from the main menu, tap Disney+, and select Cancel subscription.
Step 3. Log in and watch from your Android TV
Once your account is set up, log in through the Android TV app and start browsing Disney+'s extensive library, which features classic and reimagined Disney hits, movies from Pixar, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, new and old Star Wars and documentaries from National Geographic.
Image Source: Disney+ website
- Watch Cruella in 4K on Disney+ without paying the extra fee
- Billie Eilish x Disney+ Happier Than Ever concert: How to watch online
- How to watch Marvel’s Black Widow online in Australia
- Where to watch Dude, Where’s My Car? online in Australia
- Where to watch Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 online in Australia
- Where to watch Ugly Betty online in Australia
More guides on Finder
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in September 2021
Highlights for this month include Billions, Lucifer and the Back to the Rafters reboot.
How to watch 2021 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 Championships in Australia
You can follow the MotoGP season, as well as the Moto2 and Moto3 championships, via live stream. Here's the full guide.
Watch Cruella in 4K on Disney+ without paying the extra fee
The prequel to 101 Dalmatians is joining the general Disney+ library.
How Optus plans to extend SubHub features and apps
Finder's Optus SubHub interview reveals when new apps will launch, how Telstra's streaming TV services could work, new features and more.
Paramount Plus review: Boldly going where SVOD has gone before?
10 All Access has evolved into the new streaming service Paramount Plus, but can it offer enough content to stand out?
How to watch Paramount Plus on Chromecast
Streaming service Paramount Plus is compatible with Chromecast. Here’s how to watch.
Paramount Plus in Australia: 5 reasons to care
Paramount Plus is the latest streaming service to take on Netflix in Australia. Here are 5 compelling reasons for your consideration.
Billie Eilish x Disney+ Happier Than Ever concert: How to watch online
Billie Eilish, live performances and beautiful animated visuals – what more could you ask for?
Jungle Cruise: How to watch online in Australia and release time
Join Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt on the adventure of a lifetime.
How to watch Marvel’s Black Widow online in Australia
Natasha Romanoff finally gets her very own Marvel flick.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert