How to set up Disney+ on Android TV
Disney's new streaming service is here. Here's how you can watch it on your Android TV.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Disney's new streaming service Disney+ isn't just for smartphones, tablets and computers. There's an entire generation of TVs that can run the latest streaming service without the need for a Chromecast or Apple TV.
Step 1. Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, the app will be available through the Google Play store. Disney says that its service works with an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating system, although there are reports that it's not working on some devices.
Launch the Google Play store on your Android TV device and search for the Disney+ app. Once you've found the app, click "Install".
Once the app is installed you can launch it. If you've already created a Disney+ account, you can log in right away and head straight to Step 3.
Step 2. Create a Disney+ account on your Android TV
If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so from a web browser. Alternatively, you can sign up directly from the app. Here's how:
- Open the Disney+ app and tap on Start free trial.
- Enter your email address. If you don't want to receive promotional e-mails from Disney+, make sure to uncheck the checkmark from the box below the email field.
- Review the terms and tap Agree and Continue if all sounds good
- Create a password. Make sure it's a strong one.
- Select a billing option – monthly or yearly. You can subscribe for $11.99 per month, or, if you're really committed to Disney+, you can sign up for a whole year for $119.99.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your subscription. Since you're signing up via Android, your subscription will be connected to your Google Play account. Select your preferred payment method and confirm.
Note: if you want to end your subscription at any point, you can open the Play Stop, go to Subscriptions from the main menu, tap Disney+, and select Cancel subscription.
Step 3. Log in and watch from your Android TV
Once your account is set up, log in through the Android TV app and start browsing Disney+'s extensive library, which features classic and reimagined Disney hits, movies from Pixar, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, new and old Star Wars and documentaries from National Geographic.
Image Source: Disney+ website
- Black Widow and Cruella to hit Disney+: Is the cinema cheaper?
- Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
- Where to watch Love, Victor online in Australia
- Where to watch Hulu’s Solar Opposites online in Australia
- Where to watch Big Sky online in Australia
- Disney+ Star Australia gets an additional 29 launch day titles
More guides on Finder
Disney+ Star Australia: Full list of movies and TV shows [Updated]
Every TV show and movie launching on Disney Plus' new Star channel.
Here are all the future Marvel shows coming to Disney+
What new shows are being planned for the streaming service and how do they tie into the Marvel universe?
Loki series on Disney+: What we know so far
Eager to catch up with Thor’s mischievous brother?
How to sign up to DAZN: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite review
Amazon's Fire Stick Lite adds a range of streaming services to your TV for a very low price, including Apple TV, but it's a frustrating platform to use.
Disney+ free with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: What’s it worth?
You can get a whole month of Disney+ free if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
How to live stream US Masters golf online in Australia and tee times
The first golf major of the year is here. This is how you can watch The Masters at Augusta National.
What time is The Mandalorian season 2 released in Australia?
Mark your calendars: The Mandalorian episodes are coming.
Google Chromecast with Google TV review
Google's updated Chromecast now has a full interface of apps and is excellent value if you just want to add streaming apps to your existing TV.
How to watch the 2020 AFL Grand Final overseas
Famous clubs Richmond and Geelong clash in the 2020 AFL Grand Final. This is how you can watch overseas.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert