Watch your faves from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and more.
How to set up Disney+ on Android TV
Disney's new streaming service is here. Here's how you can watch it on your Android TV.
Disney's new streaming service Disney+ isn't just for smartphones, tablets and computers. There's an entire generation of TVs that can run the latest streaming service without the need for a Chromecast or Apple TV.
Step 1. Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, the app will be available through the Google Play store. Disney says that its service works with an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating system, although there are reports that it's not working on some devices.
Launch the Google Play store on your Android TV device and search for the Disney+ app. Once you've found the app, click "Install".
Once the app is installed you can launch it. If you've already created a Disney+ account, you can log in right away and head straight to Step 3.
Step 2. Create a Disney+ account on your Android TV
If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so from a web browser. Alternatively, you can sign up directly from the app. Here's how:
- Open the Disney+ app and tap on Start free trial.
- Enter your email address. If you don't want to receive promotional e-mails from Disney+, make sure to uncheck the checkmark from the box below the email field.
- Review the terms and tap Agree and Continue if all sounds good
- Create a password. Make sure it's a strong one.
- Select a billing option – monthly or yearly. As long as you cancel before the free trial is up, you won't be billed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your subscription. Since you're signing up via Android, your subscription will be connected to your Google Play account. Select your preferred payment method and confirm.
If you're not ready to commit, you can try Disney+'s 7-day free trial first. After that, you can fully subscribe for $8.99 per month, or, if you're really committed to Disney+, you can sign up for a whole year for $89.99. Take a look at our full review if you want to find out more.
Note: if you want to end your subscription before the trial is up, you can open the Play Stop, go to Subscriptions from the main menu, tap Disney+, and select Cancel subscription.
Step 3. Log in and watch from your Android TV
Once your account is set up, log in through the Android TV app and start browsing Disney+'s extensive library, which features classic and reimagined Disney hits, movies from Pixar, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, new and old Star Wars and documentaries from National Geographic.
Image Source: Disney+ website
- Frozen 2 now available on Disney+ in Australia
- Loki series on Disney+: Everything we know so far
- The Mandalorian on Disney+: When are we getting Season 2?
- Diary of a Future President on Disney+ preview: Release date, cast, reviews
- Updated: Live-action The Lion King is now on Disney+ in Australia
- The 2019 Aladdin will drop on Disney+ Australia in January
Stream the best and save
Try Kayo Sports' on-demand live streaming service for 14 days free.
Ask an Expert