How to set up Disney+ on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Disney’s new streaming service Disney+ can run on myriad devices. One of those devices is the Amazon Fire TV Stick, its Alexa-enabled media streamer.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Step 1: Set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Plug your Fire TV Stick into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Plug your Fire TV Stick's power cable into a suitable power socket.
- Switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI input.
- Press the home button on the Fire TV Stick remote.
- Follow the prompts to set up the Fire TV Stick and connect it to your wireless network.
Once all that is done, you'll be ready to start streaming.
Step 2: Install the Disney+ app
- From the Fire TV Stick's home menu, choose "Search" from the top-left corner and type in "Disney+".
- Choose the Disney+ app from the list of search results and click the "Get" button using the remote and wait for the app to install.
- Press "Open" to launch the app.
Step 3: Log in to your Disney+ account
- Launch Disney+ on your Fire TV Stick
- If you don't have a Disney+ account, you can sign up for either a month at a time for $8.99 or $89.99 a for a full year.
- Then log in and enjoy the show.
Image source: Disney+ website
- Marvel fans rejoice: Disney+ original series WandaVision is here and ready to stream
- Where to watch new Pixar movie Soul online in Australia
- Best Christmas episodes from The Simpsons on Disney+
- Here’s how to get a Disney+ gift card subscription in Australia
- Where to watch ballet docuseries On Pointe
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+: Everything you need to know
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
10% off Apple Airpods Pro, 29% off Sennheiser wireless headphones and 20% off HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop.
HDMI 2.1 explained: TV and gaming with PS5 and Xbox Series X
Here's everything you need to know about HDMI 2.1
Best 55-inch TVs in Australia
These are the best 55-inch TVs you can buy right now in Australia.
Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
Disney isn't bringing Hulu to Australia, but is instead launching Star for all its general entertainment and mature content.
How to sign up to DAZN: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite review
Amazon's Fire Stick Lite adds a range of streaming services to your TV for a very low price, including Apple TV, but it's a frustrating platform to use.
Disney+ free with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: What’s it worth?
You can get a whole month of Disney+ free if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Google Chromecast with Google TV review
Google's updated Chromecast now has a full interface of apps and is excellent value if you just want to add streaming apps to your existing TV.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 streaming deals: Here are the best discounts
We've rounded up the best of the Amazon Prime Day streaming deals for you.
Amazon Echo range 2020: Australian price, features and availability
Everything you need to know about Amazon's new Echo smart home range.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert