How to set up Disney+ on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Disney’s new streaming service Disney+ can run on myriad devices. One of those devices is the Amazon Fire TV Stick, its Alexa-enabled media streamer.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Step 1: Set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Plug your Fire TV Stick into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Plug your Fire TV Stick's power cable into a suitable power socket.
- Switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI input.
- Press the home button on the Fire TV Stick remote.
- Follow the prompts to set up the Fire TV Stick and connect it to your wireless network.
Once all that is done, you'll be ready to start streaming.
Step 2: Install the Disney+ app
- From the Fire TV Stick's home menu, choose "Search" from the top-left corner and type in "Disney+".
- Choose the Disney+ app from the list of search results and click the "Get" button using the remote and wait for the app to install.
- Press "Open" to launch the app.
Step 3: Log in to your Disney+ account
- Launch Disney+ on your Fire TV Stick
- If you don't have a Disney+ account, you can sign up for either a month at a time for $11.99 or $119.99 a for a full year.
- Then log in and enjoy the show.
Image source: Disney+ website
- Black Widow and Cruella to hit Disney+: Is the cinema cheaper?
- Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
- Where to watch Love, Victor online in Australia
- Where to watch Hulu’s Solar Opposites online in Australia
- Where to watch Big Sky online in Australia
- Disney+ Star Australia gets an additional 29 launch day titles
More guides on Finder
Here are all the future Marvel shows coming to Disney+
What new shows are being planned for the streaming service and how do they tie into the Marvel universe?
Loki series on Disney+: What we know so far
Eager to catch up with Thor’s mischievous brother?
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite review
Amazon's Fire Stick Lite adds a range of streaming services to your TV for a very low price, including Apple TV, but it's a frustrating platform to use.
What time is The Mandalorian season 2 released in Australia?
Mark your calendars: The Mandalorian episodes are coming.
Google Chromecast with Google TV review
Google's updated Chromecast now has a full interface of apps and is excellent value if you just want to add streaming apps to your existing TV.
Amazon Echo range 2020: Australian price, features and availability
Everything you need to know about Amazon's new Echo smart home range.
Amazon Prime Video arrives on Apple TV
Apple's streaming box just gained another subscription video service while Amazon gets ready to lose access to YouTube on its own Fire TV platform.
How to set up and watch Kayo Sports on Android TV
As long as you have a compatible Android TV device, setting up Kayo Sports will only take minutes.
Where to watch WandaVision online in Australia
This show may be Marvel’s biggest gamble yet.
Diary of a Future President on Disney+ preview: Release date, cast, reviews
The Disney+ Australia line-up for January includes original series Diary of a Future President, executive produced by Gina Rodriguez.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert