Where to watch CIS: NY online in Australia
Do yourself a favour and don't start your CSI journey with this third child spin-off. Weirdly, you'd think that in terms of locales the murder mecca of New York would have more to offer a police procedural series than Las Vegas or Miami, but it just doesn't. The forensic science in the Big Apple is handled by taciturn detective Mac Taylor and his new and somewhat mismatched partner, Jo Danville.
Mac's a retired Marine and black-and-white type who puts absolute faith in evidence over gut hunches, whereas Jo's investigative style is more human and empathy-driven. That fascinating dynamic is enhanced by a crew of quirky off-siders that include a loose cannon detective, a husband-wife investigator team and a new-to-the-field medical examiner.
Though CSI: NY only managed nine seasons (compared to "vanilla" CSI's 15 and Miami's 10) that's not due to any major deficit in writing or acting quality – the franchise was just beyond saturation point by this stage. Tune in and you can happily binge on a series that delivers the usual M.O.: a mix of gritty subject matter and deduction in the typical vein of CSI, but NY also has a heightened focus on criminal profiling.
10 All Access
CIS: NY is available to stream on 10 All Access.
- Apple TV+ vs Netflix: Comparing apples and oranges
- Everything from Apple’s “It’s show time” event: Apple News+, Apple Card, Apple Arcade and Apple TV+
- This week in streaming: The bloody end of Bonnie and Clyde
- New on Netflix Australia, Foxtel, hayu and SBS On-Demand in April 2019
- AFL round 1: Teams, start times, fixtures and where to watch