The foreign-language streaming service Walter Presents is coming to Australia by way of Foxtel
Foxtel subscribers will be able to start watching the hand-picked dramas from next month.
Walter Presents, the UK streaming service operated by Channel 4 and home to highly-rated foreign dramas sourced from around the world, is set to launch here in Australia next month.
Rather than launching as a standalone service, though, Walter Presents will be delivered through a partnership with Foxtel. Initially, the service's line-up will be available exclusively to Foxtel Now subscribers, with regular Foxtel channel Showcase set to air select Walter Presents shows every Friday Night from mid-December onwards.
Hand-picked by the service's curator and host Walter luzzolino, new shows will hit Walter Presents every month. Three series will accompany the service's launch on 1 November: Locked Up, a Spanish show set in a maximum-security prison; Vanished By The Lake, a murder mystery from France; and Merciless, a crime drama from Brazil. Future series coming to the service include the Latin America-made Fugitives, the Belgian thriller 13 Commandments and the Mexican crime drama Mr Avila.
All told, Foxtel aims to serve up over 150 hours of foreign drama within its first 12 months through the Walter presents partnership.
- Gem Finder: The Bold Type is a sweet and daring tale of friendship
- The best TV shows and movies to stream this week: Homecoming and Outlaw King
- This week in streaming: Netflix gets more Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and No Activity returns to Stan
- Answering Kayo Sports’ three biggest questions
- 10 of the best Vampire shows to sink your teeth into