The foreign-language streaming service Walter Presents is coming to Australia by way of Foxtel
Foxtel subscribers will be able to start watching the hand-picked dramas from next month.
Walter Presents, the UK streaming service operated by Channel 4 and home to highly-rated foreign dramas sourced from around the world, is set to launch here in Australia next month.
Rather than launching as a standalone service, though, Walter Presents will be delivered through a partnership with Foxtel. Initially, the service's line-up will be available exclusively to Foxtel Now subscribers, with regular Foxtel channel Showcase set to air select Walter Presents shows every Friday Night from mid-December onwards.
Hand-picked by the service's curator and host Walter luzzolino, new shows will hit Walter Presents every month. Three series will accompany the service's launch on 1 November: Locked Up, a Spanish show set in a maximum-security prison; Vanished By The Lake, a murder mystery from France; and Merciless, a crime drama from Brazil. Future series coming to the service include the Latin America-made Fugitives, the Belgian thriller 13 Commandments and the Mexican crime drama Mr Avila.
All told, Foxtel aims to serve up over 150 hours of foreign drama within its first 12 months through the Walter presents partnership.
- New on Netflix, Stan, Prime Video, Foxtel, BINGE, Disney+, hayu, SBS and more in November 2020
- Where to watch The West Wing online in Australia
- What time is The Mandalorian season 2 released in Australia?
- How much screen time did Baby Yoda have in The Mandalorian season 1?
- What is the cheapest way to watch season 2 of The Mandalorian?