Wallet Wizard Smart Loan
Wallet Wizard offers short term loans between $500 and $2,000.
The Wallet Wizard Smart Loan works like a line of credit, with loan amounts ranging between $500 and $2,000. Borrowers can apply for loan terms that last for up to 2 years and are required to make regular repayments that line up with the frequency of their pay.
Maximum loan amount
for $1,500 loan
Up to 2 years
Term of loan
|Product Name||Wallet Wizard Smart Loan (Up to 2K)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$500|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$2,000|
|Loan Term||Up to 2 years|
|Turnaround time||3 hours - conditions apply|
|Requirements||You must be an Australian citizen over the age 18 and have a steady income.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||Yes|
How does a Smart Loan from Wallet Wizard work?
After checking that you meet the eligibility criteria and can afford the repayments, you can apply for a Smart Loan from Wallet Wizard online. You can usually receive a response within a few minutes. If approved, the funds will be deposited in the nominated account within 60 minutes if applicants accept the contract by 2.30pm Sydney time on a business day. If it's after this time, you can expect the funds within the next business day.
As you use the funds, you can view the "available credit" in your online account. This is the difference between the credit limit and the current account balance. Repayments will line up with the borrower's pay cycle (for example, you may be required to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on how often you're paid). If don't make a repayment on time, you'll be charged a late fee. Once you've repaid the loan, you must contact Wallet Wizard to close the account.
Features of a Wallet Wizard Smart Loan
- Repayments. You're required to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments (depending on the frequency of your pay and what you agree to in your contract) but you can make additional repayments if you wish. You'll receive reminders via SMS or email within three days of the repayment due date and the funds are automatically debited from your account. If you miss a repayment, you'll be charged a late fee and if your default on the loan, it will be listed on your credit report for up to five years.
- Interest rate. Borrowers are charged an interest rate of 47.8% p.a.
- Turnaround. The online application does not take long to complete, and once you provide all the required information, Wallet Wizard’s loan engine goes through your credentials, works out a suitable loan amount, and presents you with a repayment plan. Unless Wallet Wizard requires additional information, you can expect an answer in minutes.
- Service fee. You'll be charged an ongoing fee that is based on how often you make repayments. You can check your statement to see the minimum repayment that is due.
How to apply with Wallet Wizard
You can apply for the Wallet Wizard Smart Loan online if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You are over 18 years old
- You can apply if you receive Centrelink payments
- You can apply if you're a discharged bankrupt, you may be able to apply but will need to meet the other eligibility criteria
To complete the application, you'll need to include the following information:
- Your complete name, residential address, phone number, and date of birth
- Two types of identification (such as driver's licence, Medicare card or passport number)
- The BSB and bank account number for the account receiving the loan
- Provide internet banking details or bank statements from the last 90 days
- Confirm your annual income, employment status, ongoing expenses and any liabilities (such as existing loans or credit cards)
Short term loans are an expensive form of credit and shouldn't be treated as a long-term solution. You should only consider this line of credit if you meet the eligibility criteria and are sure you can afford to make the regular repayments.