TV Wall Mounting Services
Employ an expert and get your new TV on the wall safely and without hassle.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Mounting your TV on the wall is a practical and stylish option. It allows you to maximise floor space and reduces clutter – not to mention giving you the best viewing experience possible. But while some people go the DIY route and install wall brackets themselves, hiring a professional will save you time and unnecessary stress.
A business offering wall mounting services will assess potential safety issues and ensure that your TV is up and running fast. Some offer additional services like concealing the cables behind the wall.
Here's everything you need to know before you reach out to a wall mounting service.
What is a TV wall mounting service?
A TV wall mounting service provider will make sure that your flat-screen TV is correctly and safely mounted on the wall.
There are companies that offer this type of installation service, usually along with similar services like antenna installation, home theatre setup, sound bar installations, universal remote setup and more.
What does a TV wall mounting service include?
Depending on your needs, a wall mounting service can include:
- Site survey for best placement of TV
- TV wall mounting
- TV installation, tuning and programming
- Connecting cable TV, game consoles, DVD players, streaming devices and so on
- Cable concealment
- Customer orientation and advice
- Additional products and services (brackets, furniture protection, garbage removal etc.)
How do I book this service?
Start by researching wall mounting service providers in your area. Most offer the option to either call the business directly to set up an appointment or book online.
Be prepared to offer information about how large the TV is, whether you need additional brackets and what kind of wall you have.
How much does a TV wall mounting service cost?
The average cost for a TV wall mounting expert on Airtasker is $95 - $180. You'll pay around $250 for a standard wall mounting package if you hire a company. Extras like mounting speakers and TV setup may add to the final cost.
How do I compare wall mounting services?
Here's what to look up for when deciding which wall mounting professional to hire:
- Location – opt for a professional nearby, otherwise you will have to cover travel expenses;
- Cost – make sure the final cost (including any extras) fits your budget;
- What's included – a standard package won't offer soundbar mounting or any other services;
- Reviews – see what others are saying about the wall mounting service provider.
How should I prepare for an installation?
First off, make sure you have the TV and its power cord on hand before your appointment, as well as any other devices you want connected to the TV. It's also a good idea to clear the area of any furniture that will be in the way.
You also need to decide on the placement. Once the wall mounting expert shows up, you'll have to show them the wall where the TV goes and the appropriate outlet.
If you're unsure, the technician can provide advice on whether the placement you have in mind is suitable.
How long does wall mounting take?
Mounting the TV on the wall won't take more than one or two hours in total. Some custom installations can take a bit longer.
What to consider when booking wall mounting?
Answer these four question before booking a wall mounting service:
- Can the wall take it? TVs can be mounted on most surfaces, including drywall. However, even the latest models of televisions are heavier than your average picture frame, so make sure you don't risk damaging the wall.
- How will I conceal the cables? Wall mounting providers generally offer cord masking and in-wall cord concealment services for an additional cost.
- Do I have a spot for connected devices? You likely have cable boxes or game consoles that connect to the TV. They need a designated place nearby like in a cabinet or entertainment centre.
- What's the best viewing angle? Consider how high you want to mount the TV and whether you would prefer an adjustable mount that lets you rotate the device to different angles.
Do I need to be present for wall mounting?
Yes, that's likely to be a good idea. You need to let the expert in and agree on the best TV placement.
Pros and Cons of hiring a wall mounting service
- Saves you time, effort and back pain (or another injury)
- Ensures optimal placement
- You don't risk damaging the TV
- Can be expensive depending on how you're billed
Booking a wall mounting service is recommended when you don't have the tools or know-how to do it yourself. A professional will ensure that neither your wall nor your television gets damaged in the process. All that'll be left for you to do is sit back and enjoy your favourite shows in style.
Frequently asked questions about TV wall mounting services
What's the usual process involved in putting up a TV?
Mounting a TV yourself involves assessing your wall type, locating the studs on the wall, attaching the wall mount properly and hanging the TV. You can do the process yourself if you're handy and have the right tools like a stud finder and a drill. That being said, the process can be tricky and time-consuming.
If you're not confident in your abilities you should definitely reach out to a professional, or you risk doing more harm than good.
Can you mount a TV without drilling?
If you're set on going this route, you might get away with using hybrid TV stands, strong adhesives or a rail system. That being said, drilling is the most secure option.
Can monitors be wall mounted?
Yes, monitor wall mounts are available to purchase at major retailers.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Dog Door Installation Services
Give your pooch the freedom to come and go as they please by installing a dog door.
Excavator contractor services
Hiring an earthmoving contractor service doesn’t have to be complicated; we’ll show you all you need to know.
Smoke alarm installation
Your guide to finding a reliable smoke alarm installation service, including how to get the best value for money.
Tool repair services
Find out where to turn if one of your tools isn’t working in the way it should.
Psst, Monkey Magic just got fully remastered on Blu-ray
The beloved Monkey Magic TV series has returned to DVD and Blu-ray in a new deluxe box set and you can currently get 25% off.
Couch cleaning services
Our guide to hiring a cleaning service to spruce up your couch.
Budget 2020: How your business can benefit
The Federal Budget includes a number of new schemes that could help your business including tax offsets, asset write-offs and wage subsidies for new hires.
Mould Removal Services
Read our guide to mould removal services and take action before mould gets the better of your home or place of work.
Ask an Expert