TV Wall Mounting Services
Employ an expert and get your new TV on the wall safely and without hassle.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Mounting your TV on the wall is a practical and stylish option. It allows you to maximise floor space and reduces clutter – not to mention giving you the best viewing experience possible. But while some people go the DIY route and install wall brackets themselves, hiring a professional will save you time and unnecessary stress.
A business offering wall mounting services will assess potential safety issues and ensure that your TV is up and running fast. Some offer additional services like concealing the cables behind the wall.
Here's everything you need to know before you reach out to a wall mounting service.
What is a TV wall mounting service?
A TV wall mounting service provider will make sure that your flat-screen TV is correctly and safely mounted on the wall.
There are companies that offer this type of installation service, usually along with similar services like antenna installation, home theatre setup, sound bar installations, universal remote setup and more.
What does a TV wall mounting service include?
Depending on your needs, a wall mounting service can include:
- Site survey for best placement of TV
- TV wall mounting
- TV installation, tuning and programming
- Connecting cable TV, game consoles, DVD players, streaming devices and so on
- Cable concealment
- Customer orientation and advice
- Additional products and services (brackets, furniture protection, garbage removal etc.)
How do I book this service?
Start by researching wall mounting service providers in your area. Most offer the option to either call the business directly to set up an appointment or book online.
Be prepared to offer information about how large the TV is, whether you need additional brackets and what kind of wall you have.
How much does a TV wall mounting service cost?
The average cost for a TV wall mounting expert on Airtasker is $95 - $180. You'll pay around $250 for a standard wall mounting package if you hire a company. Extras like mounting speakers and TV setup may add to the final cost.
How do I compare wall mounting services?
Here's what to look up for when deciding which wall mounting professional to hire:
- Location – opt for a professional nearby, otherwise you will have to cover travel expenses;
- Cost – make sure the final cost (including any extras) fits your budget;
- What's included – a standard package won't offer soundbar mounting or any other services;
- Reviews – see what others are saying about the wall mounting service provider.
How should I prepare for an installation?
First off, make sure you have the TV and its power cord on hand before your appointment, as well as any other devices you want connected to the TV. It's also a good idea to clear the area of any furniture that will be in the way.
You also need to decide on the placement. Once the wall mounting expert shows up, you'll have to show them the wall where the TV goes and the appropriate outlet.
If you're unsure, the technician can provide advice on whether the placement you have in mind is suitable.
How long does wall mounting take?
Mounting the TV on the wall won't take more than one or two hours in total. Some custom installations can take a bit longer.
What to consider when booking wall mounting?
Answer these four question before booking a wall mounting service:
- Can the wall take it? TVs can be mounted on most surfaces, including drywall. However, even the latest models of televisions are heavier than your average picture frame, so make sure you don't risk damaging the wall.
- How will I conceal the cables? Wall mounting providers generally offer cord masking and in-wall cord concealment services for an additional cost.
- Do I have a spot for connected devices? You likely have cable boxes or game consoles that connect to the TV. They need a designated place nearby like in a cabinet or entertainment centre.
- What's the best viewing angle? Consider how high you want to mount the TV and whether you would prefer an adjustable mount that lets you rotate the device to different angles.
Do I need to be present for wall mounting?
Yes, that's likely to be a good idea. You need to let the expert in and agree on the best TV placement.
Pros and Cons of hiring a wall mounting service
- Saves you time, effort and back pain (or another injury)
- Ensures optimal placement
- You don't risk damaging the TV
- Can be expensive depending on how you're billed
Booking a wall mounting service is recommended when you don't have the tools or know-how to do it yourself. A professional will ensure that neither your wall nor your television gets damaged in the process. All that'll be left for you to do is sit back and enjoy your favourite shows in style.
Frequently asked questions about TV wall mounting services
What's the usual process involved in putting up a TV?
Mounting a TV yourself involves assessing your wall type, locating the studs on the wall, attaching the wall mount properly and hanging the TV. You can do the process yourself if you're handy and have the right tools like a stud finder and a drill. That being said, the process can be tricky and time-consuming.
If you're not confident in your abilities you should definitely reach out to a professional, or you risk doing more harm than good.
Can you mount a TV without drilling?
If you're set on going this route, you might get away with using hybrid TV stands, strong adhesives or a rail system. That being said, drilling is the most secure option.
Can monitors be wall mounted?
Yes, monitor wall mounts are available to purchase at major retailers.
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Editor’s Picks from the Nasty Gal x We The Wild Ones new edit
Ultimate cool gals Lucy and Nikki just dropped the rock n roll edit of our dreams and here's how you can get 60% off at the checkout.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best Prime Day deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to pick a proven budgeting strategy that works for you
We've compared 3 popular approaches to help sort your finances.
Property prices: You need a $100K deposit in every capital city – except this one
Saving a 20% deposit for the median priced property in most Australian cities is a 6-figure task.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Ask an Expert