Get access to up to 25% of your wages ahead of payday with Wagepay, without affecting your credit score.
If you're looking for some extra cash to cover your expenses before payday, but don't want to use a traditional payday loan or a bank overdraft, then Wagepay could help.
Wagepay is a financial service that allows you to access up to 25% of your wage in line with your pay cycle from $100 ahead of payday for a small fee.
3 things you should know about this loan:
- Access up to 25% of your paycheque ahead of payday
- Get your money in real time, 365 days a year
- 5% flat fee and 24% interest p.a.
To access a Wagepay pay advance, simply apply in a few minutes and get up to 25% of your money in real time, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Repayments are made automatically via the bank account that you receive your wage into when you next get paid. Wagepay's pay advance service is compatible with 93% of banks in Australia.
With a Wagepay pay advance, your employer is not involved in any way. Wagepay also does not check your credit score, so using this service will in no way affect your credit rating.
Features of Wagepay
This platform includes the following features:
- Loan term. Repay a Wagepay cash advance via a direct debit that comes out of your account the day after you are paid.
- Loan amount. This platform offers from $100 to $300 of your pay in advance.
- 24/7 service. You can access this platform any day of the week, all year round, including holidays.
- Quick application. Applying for Wagepay only takes around 6 minutes.
- Compatible with most banks. Wagepay is compatible with 93% of the banks in Australia, making it widely accessible. However, if your bank is not on the list, Wagepay cannot assist you.
- Instant funding. Once you're approved, you can access your money in as little as 60 seconds.
- Connects to your bank account. This app connects directly to the bank account that you receive your wage into.
- 100% online. This service is 100% online. If you need to contact Wagepay directly, you can do so via the "Contact us" section of its website. There is no phone number available for this service.
- Upcoming features. Coming soon in 2021 Wagepay will offer budgeting, savings and credit monitoring tools.
- Secure and private. Wagepay uses bank-grade security to protect your data from fraud.
- Does not affect your credit score. Wagepay does not perform a credit check and won't affect your score in any way.
- No direct debit fees. This service does not charge a direct debit fee.
- No dishonour fees. If you miss a payment, Wagepay will not charge you a penalty.
Pros and cons of using Wagepay
- Instantly access your money ahead of payday
- Available year-round, including weekends and holidays
- May be lower cost than bank overdraft fees
- Only small amounts of money available
- Not a long-term finance solution
- May make budgeting more difficult on your next payday
Fees and charges
- Transaction fee. A flat fee of 5% applies to this product.
- Interest. There is a 24% interest p.a. charge on all drawdowns.
- No additional fees. There are no administration fees, monthly fees or dishonour fees for using this service.
How do I apply?
To apply for Wagepay, simply click "Go to site" to visit the lender's website directly. From there simply input your email address, which is verified via a security code sent directly to your personal email.
You will need to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to qualify for this service:
- Be employed.
- Earn at least $500 per week, or $1,000 per fortnight.
- Have an active personal bank account that your wage goes into. Wagepay is not compatible with joint bank accounts.
- Not receiving Centrelink payments.