Vrbo is a vacation home booking service that allows travellers to search and compare vacation rentals from all over the world and make a secure payment online. Vrbo is powered by world-leading vacation rental provider HomeAway.
Bestselling destinations from Vrbo
Vrbo Review | Pros and Cons
- Secure online payment. Payments are made securely using the Vrbo platform.
- User-friendly map-based search. If your travel destination is flexible and you’re up for ideas, use the map search tool to find new and interesting places to have a holiday.
- Rental guarantee. Bookings made over the Vrbo platform are guaranteed, protected against property misrepresentation and include instant booking assistance in case of emergencies.
- 24/7 customer service. You can contact the Vrbo customer service team 24/7 if you have questions or need a problem solved.
- Cancellation fees may apply. If you cancel your reservation late you may need to forfeit some or all of the home rental fee.
How do I make a booking with Vrbo?
Homes listed on Vrbo can either be booked instantly, or after enquiring directly with the home owner via the Vrbo platform.
If you would like to make an instant booking, look for a listing with the “Book it now” option. If you don’t need instant confirmation, make an inquiry with a few different properties to increase your chances. Once an owner has accepted your request you will be able to book your home and pay for it securely online.
What forms of payment does Vrbo accept?
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Direct bank deposit
- Personal cheque
What is the Vrbo cancellation policy?
Cancellation policies and late cancellation fees are set by the individual properties. To avoid disappointment make sure you read the individual policies of the rental property before you confirm. Taking out cancellation protection insurance with Vrbo is recommended to avoid unwanted fees in case of an emergency.