Vodafone’s selling half-price prepaid starter packs
Vodafone Australia is offering 8.5GB of data for $25.
Prepaid is fast becoming a very competitive space in Australia, with many limited-time deals designed to lure you across to a new network. One of the strengths of prepaid is that you can switch mobile networks at any time with limited fuss, but the carriers recognise that many of us are simply too busy (or lazy) to do so, so once we’ve switched we tend to stay.
Vodafone is currently offering a half price deal on its $50 Combo prepaid plan, which comes with 8.5GB of data and unlimited standard national calls and texts. $25 for 8.5GB of data alone, not to mention the call and text inclusions is quite decent value, and a solid inducement to switch carriers.
The only slight catch with this deal, apart from the expiry date of 26 July, is that it’s for the Prepaid Starter Pack only, which means only the first 28 day recharge is half price. After that, to recharge at the same inclusion level, you’d have to spend $50/recharge. Being prepaid, you could always drop to a different recharge tier, or switch providers again for that matter.
Here’s how Vodafone’s Prepaid Combo plans compare for value:
- [UPDATED] Australia hit with more widespread Telstra network outages
- Network outages: What are your rights?
- Optus boosts speeds and simplifies NBN plans
- Vodafone’s 4.9G network promises improved speeds, but it’s not quite 5G yet
- Score a massive 45GB of mobile data for just $15 with Catch Connect’s latest deal