Vodafone offers 2GB free data as apology for outage
Vodafone customers will get a bonus 2GB of data after Sunday’s network outage.
Vodafone has announced that all customers will be given 2GB of bonus data as an apology for the outage that saw services on its network significantly disrupted late on Sunday evening. For a period Vodafone’s 4G network was intermittently unavailable, a problem it attributed to a router fault. Some customers were shifted to its 3G and 2G networks, but the scale of shifting in itself caused more access issues for some customers.
When will I get my free data?
When you get your bonus data will vary depending on whether you’re a prepaid or postpaid Vodafone customer. For postpaid customers, you should see an additional 2GB of data during your October or November billing month. That data will be usable for that entire billing month, which may vary depending on your contract circumstances.
Prepaid customers will get their additional 2GB after they recharge in October, at a date yet to be advised. The recharge has to be "within a month of that date", which potentially means customers on longer expiry MyMix recharges may not be eligible for the bonus data.
Vodafone says that customers will be notified when the data is applied to their account, and that it’s for use only within Australia, which means it won’t form part of a pool able to be used for Red international roaming.
- How to watch Parramatta Eels vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL live and match preview
- How to watch Fremantle Dockers vs Hawthorn Hawks AFL live and free
- How to watch Matildas vs Germany women’s football friendly in Australia
- How to watch Collingwood Magpies vs GWS Giants AFL live and match preview
- WrestleMania 37: Date, start time and how to watch in Australia