Vodafone lines up PlayStation 4 Xperia bundles for Christmas
Contract for an Xperia X, score a PlayStation 4 from Santa’s sack.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a gaming console bundled with a phone deal, with Optus most recently offering up Microsoft Lumia phones with Xbox One consoles, and even that was towards the beginning of the year.
Now Vodafone has jumped into the spirit of giving (games consoles) with the announcement of a bundling deal that will deliver consumers an Xperia X smartphone along with a Sony PlayStation 4. That’s the regular PlayStation 4, not the PlayStation 4 Pro, for what it’s worth.
The deal applies to the Xperia X phone purchased on a $70/month Red Data plan; adding a PlayStation 4 to that bundle adds in a $5/month hardware repayment for a total cost of $75 per month and a minimum 24 month contract price of $1800. That plan comes with 6GB of data and unlimited standard national calls and texts. As a standalone proposition, that plan would normally cost $70 per month.
What that means is that you’re effectively buying a PlayStation 4 over 24 months at a purchase price of $120, which is a pretty serious price cut from its regular retail pricing. There are no bundled games, and it’s the 500GB version of the console, but you do get the GCM10 game mount that allows you to pop the Xperia X (or other compatible Xperia family phones) onto a PlayStation 4 controller for remote play.
Vodafone has also announced that it has added the lower end Xperia XA phone to its prepaid range, where it will sell for $199 outright.
- This week’s bargain phones: Save on iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy Note 8 or Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Save hundreds on TVs, Blu-ray players and sound systems with Sony’s 12 Days of Christmas sale
- This is apparently the busiest weekend for Christmas shopping – is your business ready?
- Childcare still the main reason holding women back from employment
- Kogan Mobile expands data inclusions: 23GB for $50