Viva Payday Loans
Apply online and receive the funds in as little as 15 minutes. Loan terms range from 16 days to 1 year, high fees and charges apply.
Viva Payday Loan uses a loan matching service to match borrowers with lenders. You can apply for a loan between $100 to $5,000, with loan terms varying between 16 days to 1 year. The application process is entirely online, and you can expect to receive a response within a few minutes. Once the loan contract is signed, you can receive the funds within 15 minutes or the same day. Bad credit and Centrelink recipients can apply for a Viva Payday Loan. However, this loan is expensive. Standard payday loan charges may apply. For loans less than $2,000, there is a 20% establishment fee and a 4% monthly fee. For loans above $2,001, the establishment fee is $400, and an interest rate of 48% p.a. may be charged. Payday loans are not a long-term financial solution and should only be used in case of emergencies.
Maximum loan amount
16 days to 1 year
Term of loan
|Product Name||Viva Payday Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$100|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Initial Maximium Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Loan term||16 days to 1 year|
|Turnaround time||Same Day|
|Costs||20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month|
|Requirements||You must be employed full or part time (receiving holiday and sick pay), You've been employed for at least 3 months.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||Yes|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How do loans from Viva Payday Loan work?
Applicants have to meet some basic eligibility criteria to apply for a loan through Viva Payday Loan. They need to decide how much they want to borrow and submit their application online.
After Viva Payday Loan matches an application with a suitable lender, customers will receive the details of the loan through the contract, which they have to accept to move forward. Once this happens, the lender will transfer the approved funds into their bank account electronically.
Compare Other Short Term Loans
Whilst we don't compare Viva Payday Loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Features of a loan from Viva Payday Loan
People who are thinking about getting a payday loan from Viva should take some time to review the following:
Submitting an application takes around five to 10 minutes, and applicants can expect to find out about its status within two minutes. Once they accept the loan’s contract, the lender can transfer the approved funds in as little as 15 minutes.
Use money for any purpose
What customers choose to do with the proceeds of the loan is up to them. Borrowers can use funds for medical emergencies, paying bills, making down payments, taking vacations and getting by temporary setbacks.
Bad credit applicants accepted
Poor or bad creditworthiness has a detrimental effect on a person's ability to get credit. However, in the case of financial emergencies, people with poor credit may be able to turn to Viva to get a payday loan even if their credit history isn’t perfect. In order to be eligible, applicants will be required to have a steady job and display an ability to repay the amount they wish to borrow.
Viva loans are unsecured, there's no need to provide any form of collateral.
By applying with Viva Payday Loan customers don’t have to carry out extensive research to find a suitable lender. However, making your own comparisons is still advisable.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
Fees and charges
The Viva Payday Loan website gives customers a fair indication of what their loan might end up costing through its estimate calculator. This calculator lets applicants choose varying loan amounts and loan terms, indicating to them how much they'll have to pay as interest.
Payday loan typical fees and charges
Because Viva work with a range of lender's, it's difficult to say exactly what someone can expect to pay. However, payday loans tend to follow a similar fee structure.
The interest that payday lenders in Australia charge cannot exceed 4% per month for loans of less then $5,000, but they can charge one-off loan establishment fees of 20%.
If Sally borrows $100 for 31 days and the lender charges a $40 establishment fee, she'll end up repaying around $248.*
If Ryan borrows $500 for a month and the lender charges a $100 establishment fee, he'll have to repay around $620.*
People who don’t pay their loan off by its scheduled due date may be subject to additional fees and charges, details of which they can find in their loan contract.
*Please note that these examples are fictional.
How to apply for a payday loan from Viva Payday Loan?
Prospective applicants can click on the “Go to Site” button to apply for a payday loan through Viva, but first they should make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria. Applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be an Australian citizen, a legal resident or have a valid immigration status
- Have a verifiable source of steady income, and not more than 50% of the total should come from Centrelink benefits
- Have an Australian bank account that allows direct debits and credits (cases of tourists are subject to exception)
Borrowers should keep the following handy to complete the application:
- A valid photo identification document such as a driver’s license, passport, voter ID, state license or proof of age card
- Their Medicare card number
- Document to verify their address which can include a utility bill, a rent deed or a house registration certificate
- Bank statements for the last three months
Prospective payday loan applicants should make sure that they compare their options before applying to increase their chances of getting the right loan for their needs.