Visit the Maldives from $457 return with the latest AirAsia sale
Paradise is within reach with these off-season sale fares.
Not just a destination for the wealthy seeking out luxury anymore, the Maldives has become a location that anyone can enjoy thanks to budget airlines offering deeply discounted fares.
With this Flight Centre sale sale, you can fly from Perth to Malé from $457 return with AirAsia on select dates from May to August 2019.
Sale fares are also available flying from Sydney from $505 and Melbourne or Gold Coast from $506.
We're betting these tickets won't be on sale very long so if you've been eyeing off those overwater bungalows, make sure to book in the next few days.
Head to Flight Centre for full details and to book your seat.
How good are these Air Asia fares?
- Price: Okay. We have recently seen fares drop as low as $378 return with Scoot, another budget airline but you're still paying almost half of what full-service airlines are charging.
- Airline: Good. The airline has been named World's Best Low-Cost Airline and has held that spot for nine straight years. AirAsia is a budget airline, though, and fares mentioned above only include your seat so extras like checked bags will incur a fee.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include a stopover but luckily it's in Kuala Lumpur, one of the best layover airports.
- Weather: Okay. We're not going to lie, these travel dates fall during the rainy season in Maldives when you can expect at least daily afternoon showers. There are some advantages to travelling during this time including great diving and snorkelling as well as far fewer crowds.
Full list of Maldives flight sale:
|From||To||Travel period||Price (return)||Book|
|Perth||Maldives||1 May - 15 June 2019 / 20 July - 31 August 2019||$457||Search for flights to Asia|
|Sydney||Maldives||1 May - 15 June 2019 / 20 July - 31 August 2019||$505||Search for flights to Asia|
|Melbourne (Avalon)||Maldives||1 May - 15 June 2019 / 20 July - 31 August 2019||$506||Search for flights to Asia|
|Gold Coast||Maldives||1 May - 15 June 2019 / 20 July - 31 August 2019||$506||Search for flights to Asia|
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?