Visit Asia’s hotspots from $479 return with the latest Qantas sale
Steal away to Singapore, Phuket, Bangkok and more with the flying kangaroo.
The latest Qantas Fly Away sale is here and with it you can explore all corners of Asia from as little as $479 return.
All up there are seven destinations you can find yourself in, specifically Singapore, Phuket, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Colombo, Kuala Lumpur and Penang, with Singapore commanding the cheapest flights of each city.
Sample fares to sate your wanderlust are Perth to Singapore from $479 return, Melbourne to Bangkok from $599 return, Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur from $649 return and Sydney to Phuket from $699 return. Just to give you a teaser.
Flights can be booked through Qantas direct or through Flight Centre which is selling these at the same price as well as multi-stop trips for a steal. For example, you can catch Perth to Singapore to Phuket return flights from $689. With flights from Perth to Phuket at $649 already, the online travel agency is pretty much giving away a free holiday to Singapore with this one.
These multi-stop deals are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart and Perth through Flight Centre here.
Eligible travel dates range from 24 July 2018 to 31 March 2019, excluding peak dates. Specific travel dates vary per route, so check before you commit.
This sale ends midnight 9 July, unless sold out prior. Bookings can be made through Flight Centre now.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Very good. While not the cheapest fares you can catch into Asia at the moment, they are very well-priced for a full service airline. They even better a similar sale on Asia flights that Qantas hosted last year, which boasted flights from $499 return.
- Airline: Great. Qantas is a full-service, highly acclaimed airline where checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are all included with your seat, so there's no need to pay extra. You can also earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points and status credits with each flight.
- Travel time: Great. Depending on your route, flights can be direct or indirect. If your flight is indirect you'll have options to keep this as minimal or lengthy as you prefer.
- Weather: Great. With such a wide variety of dates to travel in, you can book trips to coincide with optimal weather conditions. For example, fly to Singapore in July and August for the end of dry season or Bangkok in November for sunshine in spades. Check out our Best Time to Visit guides for each city before you decide to ensure you've booked your dates just right.
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know