Visa Gold Credit Card
Visa Gold Credit Cards are a popular choice. Find out more and apply today
Many banks offer the Visa classic card, which is accepted worldwide at a great many locations wherever the Visa logo is displayed. To create a credit card offering targeted at the more affluent and higher net worth clients of the bank, the Visa Gold credit card was born. Initially available by invitation only, this card can now be applied for and received by any customer of a bank or Visa card issuer as long as they meet the minimum requirements.
Who Benefits the Most From A Visa Gold?
A Visa Gold credit card is generally better suited for individuals who spend a significant amount on credit cards every month. Here is a summary of what extra benefits to expect from the card:
- 24/7 Phone service - Gold cardholders have round-the-clock access to the Emergency Assistance Centre over the phone, even when you're overseas (through a toll-free international number). Apart from custom card-related services the centre will standby to provide emergency card replacement if required (e.g. if your card is stolen or lost), whether you are at home or abroad.
- Higher credit limit - Gold credit cards usually offer a greater spending limit (typically over $5000) than standard cards. Cardholders also have access to a revolving line of credit i.e., they have a certain amount of credit pre-approved and hence do not need to reapply for a loan or some other borrowing once they have availed themselves of the product.
- Complimentary insurance - Usually available to cardholders is free travel and emergency medical insurance. There might be some conditions attached depending on the card issuer, like the use of the card to purchase the flight. A minimum spending amount might also be required to be eligible for this insurance.
- Extended warranty - In addition to travel insurance most card providers also offer complimentary purchase protection insurance to Gold cardholders. This means that if your purchase is accidentally damaged or lost you are covered for full replacement at no extra cost (within a specific time frame, usually up to 90 days from the date of purchase). Also available with some card issuers is extended manufacturer warranty. Most manufacturers are willing to provide more than the standard warranty days for an extra cost, but if you are a gold cardholder you may be eligible for this extended manufacturer warranty free of cost.
A Visa Gold credit card is quite a step up from the standard one. For a bit of extra fees and interest charges you get access to a host of features and benefits which are otherwise not available to regular customers.
Image: ShutterstockBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.