Access presale concert tickets, exclusive competitions and discounts with your Visa or Mastercard.
Did you know that you can access exclusive entertainment offers when shopping with a Visa or Mastercard? With Visa Entertainment and Mastercard Priceless Cities (previously Mastercard Applause), you can access everything from exclusive presale tickets for upcoming concerts to VIP retail sales, travel promotions and dining perks.
If you’re already using a Visa or Mastercard debit, credit or prepaid card, you may as well enjoy the entertainment perks that come with it. Use this guide to compare what’s on offer, weigh up the benefits and costs and find out how you can get more from your card.
What are the benefits of Visa Entertainment and Mastercard Priceless Cities?
Visa Entertainment is an offshoot of Visa Offers + Perks and is designed to cater specifically for your entertainment needs. Mastercard Priceless Cities is a similar program designed to provide a range of benefits for cardholders. Both programs partner with major brands and companies to offer ticket specials, travel promotions, unique experiences and exclusive offers across a range of lifestyle categories including shopping, wining and dining. By visiting the relevant Visa Offers + Perks or Mastercard Priceless Cities websites or subscribing as a member, you can take advantage of exclusive offers that come with your card.
Visa Entertainment partners include Ticketek, Event Cinemas, Village Cinemas and The Walt Disney Company. Some of the offers you can take advantage of with a Visa card include:
- Exclusive pre-sale ticket offers. With Visa Entertainment, you can book concert and theatre tickets before their general release to the public.
- Exclusive events. Access special events like movie previews exclusive to Visa Entertainment members.
- Discounted prices. Get tickets for cheaper with Visa’s dollars-off offers or percentage discounts, e.g. $10 off or 50% discount.
- Last minute offers. Visa Entertainment sometimes puts out last minute deals for concerts and events at short notice.
- Product offers. There are periodic promotions on movies, books, CDs and home entertainment products.
- Competitions. Enter competitions to win freebies such as new-release DVDs or ticket passes. It can be as easy as answering a question to enter the draw.
You can also visit the Pay with Visa website to find more Visa travel, shopping and dining perks if you have a Visa card.
Visa Entertainment Credit Cards Comparison
Rates last updated May 29th, 2017.
- NAB Low Rate Credit Card
Balance transfer period changed from 15 to 18 months, and is valid until 31 May 2017.
January 23rd, 2017
- St.George Vertigo Visa
Balance transfer period changed to 14 months plus a new offer of $0 annual fee in the first year.
May 3rd, 2017
- ANZ Rewards Credit Card
A new offer of 25,000 bonus points when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months
May 8th, 2017
Mastercard Priceless Cities
Mastercard's Priceless Cities program provides unique offers for a range of locations around the world, including Sydney, New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore and Bangkok. Mastercard Priceless Cities separates its promotions into four key categories:
- Dining deals. These offers include exclusive tours and dining experiences at award-winning restaurants, opportunities to meet world famous chefs, priority seating and complimentary glasses of wine.
- Entertainment offers. Enjoy exclusive premium ticket pricing for stage productions, savings on local and international attractions, and other random delights like golf trips, yachting adventures or mixology classes – whatever tickles your fancy.
- Shop and save. Attend private champagne receptions at boutiques and enjoy discounts off your purchases at VIP sales, or have your own personal stylist take you on a shopping tour for the day with these offers.
- Travel in style. Receive complimentary room upgrades and enjoy club level access with free buffet breakfasts, afternoon tea and canapes, or get a special price on spa packages or luxury retreat packages involving romantic private dinners and sunset experiences.
Mastercard Credit Cards Comparison
Rates last updated May 29th, 2017.
- Emirates Citi World Mastercard
40k bonus points offer extended until 30 June 2017 + 10k bonus points if you meet the minimum spend
December 19th, 2016
- Bankwest Qantas World Mastercard
50,000 bonus Qantas points has been discontinued.
January 31st, 2017
- ANZ Low Rate
$100 cashback and intro purchase rate have been discontinued. New BT offer of 0% p.a. for 16 months.
March 15th, 2017
How can I sign up for Visa Entertainment or Mastercard Priceless Cities?
Visa Entertainment offers are available to all Visa debit, credit and prepaid cardholders in Australia. Simply go to the Visa Entertainment website and sign up. No points or waiting periods apply, and you may immediately start purchasing any of the offers, as long as you use your Visa card. To stay informed, sign up for monthly email updates or follow Visa Entertainment on Facebook.
Mastercard Priceless Cities
Priceless Cities offers and promotions are available exclusively to Mastercard cardholders. To take advantage of these deals, visit the Priceless Cities webpage and register for an account with your Mastercard. You will be required to enter the first eight digits of your card number for verification purposes. You may also register more than one Mastercard. To receive regular information about new offers, sign up for email updates and the monthly newsletter.
Other factors to consider
Here are some factors you may wish to consider before taking advantage of your Visa or Mastercard offers:
- Spending. Both of these programs give you exclusive offers, but there may be a spending requirement involved. For example, a hotel deal may require that you book a three-night stay in order to get a fourth night free. Make sure you factor this into your budget before choosing a deal.
- Limited offers. These deals are usually only available for a limited time or for a limited number of people, so you may need to make a quick decision or risk missing out if you see something of interest.
- Additional fees. Booking fees and potential interest charges may apply depending on the offer and the card you use to pay.
- Other rewards programs and complimentary extras. You may already have free access to some of these benefits via your card rewards program or another loyalty program, in which case you wouldn’t even need to pay for them.
Visa Entertainment and Mastercard Priceless Cities are easy ways for you to get a little extra value from your credit card, debit card or prepaid card without paying more. To make sure you’re getting the best deal, though, read the terms and conditions and compare these offers with other deals on the market.Back to top