Virtual Legal review
Legal counsel, documents, trademarks and more offered virtually.
If you are looking for legal advice, you might already be aware of the often high costs of this service, especially if you need the help of a reliable professional.
Virtual Legal gives you access to an experienced team of advisers who will work for you for a few hours a month, at wholesale rates, or for one-off tasks like preparing a legal document or helping you buy or sell a business. It also offers an extensive range of other services for business owners, companies and professionals seeking help for a specific legal matter or transaction.
Read on and find out how it works and if it’s worth booking one of the many Virtual Legal services.
What is Virtual Legal?
Virtual Legal is an online legal advice provider and law firm and offers several fixed-price advice packages and documents to both businesses and individuals.
Virtual Legal also has physical offices in Brisbane and Auckland.
What does Virtual Legal offer?
Virtual Legal offers an extensive library of legal documents aimed at companies and business owners, as well as individual clients. Its legal services list includes the following:
- Legal counsel. Virtual Legal offers legal advice from qualified lawyers with packages including a minimum of 1-2 hours per week to a maximum of 6-10 hours per week. Services include tasks like preparing documents, attending meetings and document reviews.
- Buying and selling a business. Various packages are available to help those wanting to buy or sell a business, including tasks like legal due diligence, correspondence with sellers or buyers, contract reviews and more.
- Buying and selling a franchise. Virtual Legal also has different packages for those wishing to buy or sell a franchise. These can be used for those buying or selling a franchise with no lease, a lease assignment or a new lease.
- Buying and selling a property. Conveyancing services are available for property buyers or sellers, with packages for different property types, including commercial property.
- Wills and estates. Virtual Legal have multiple packages for those wanting one or more wills, with features like advice calls and testamentary trusts available depending on the package.
- Other. Virtual Legal can also help with trademarks, trust deeds, leasing agreements and company incorporation.
Who is Virtual Legal aimed at?
Virtual Legal's services are mainly aimed at business owners and companies which need help with their legal issues.
However, the website also provides bespoke packages for landlords or individuals who are, for example, interested in buying or selling a property or applying for a mortgage.
Virtual Legal pricing: How much does it cost?
Depending on the service you wish to enquire for, you can choose from different options.
Legal counsel is priced according to the number of hours needed per week and starts at $297 for 1 - 2 hours per week.
If you wish to book a specific service, Virtual Legal provides different packages.
For example, when seeking help for your business documents, you can choose one of the following:
- Every-days ($297), which includes documents like non-disclosure agreements, disclaimers, property easements and privacy policies.
- Occasionals ($497), for those who need help with employment agreements, mortgages, guarantee advice certificates and many others.
- Structuring & Corporate Docs ($1297), for businesses looking for advanced legal advice, such as partnership, shareholders or founder agreements.
Pros and cons of Virtual Legal
- Many advice packages available for different legal contracts and issues.
- Free 20 minute one-off legal consultation available.
- Transparent and fixed pricing.
- Discounts available for purchasing multiple documents
- No free templates or legal documents available to be customised and downloaded.
How does Virtual Legal compare to similar services?
Virtual Legal offers transparent fixed fee online legal services. Unlike other similar websites in this field, Virtual Legal does not have any free or customisable document templates. On the other hand, a 20-minute free consultation with a professional lawyer can be booked for any initial questions.