Virgin Mobile offers $100 Visa Card for Christmas In July
Virgin Mobile’s latest offer rewards upper tier mobile plans with a $100 Visa Gift Card.
Virgin Mobile has announced its latest promotion for contract customers, offering up a $100 Visa gift card to any new or upgrading customer who signs up for a 24-month contract plan worth $60+ or more per month. A quick bit of mathematics says that this means the total minimum you might pay per month will drop from $1440 to $1340, not including any handset repayments.
For most consumers, the most sensible thing to do is link a 24-month commitment to a handset to make the most out of being tied to a single carrier for two years. Here’s how the pricing plays out for a range of popular handsets at that $60 plan price point on Virgin Mobile. The gift card is in effect a $100 price cut from the total listed price of each plan.
Are there any sneaky hidden catches?
Surprisingly few. Virgin Mobile does note in its terms and conditions that Virgin Mobile staff are ineligible for the promotion but, apparently they payoff there is "you do work with an awesome bunch of people", which means we can only assume that's worth $100 by itself.
Virgin Mobile does note that it expects to send the gift card out to new customers within 14 days of activation, or for upgrading customers, within 14 days of the start of your new plan.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone