Embrace winter with $69 flights in Virgin’s Happy Hour sale
Offer ends soon – hike a snow-covered Overland Track in Tasmania or hit the surf in New South Wales.
- Fares in this offer start from $69 one way for travel between June and mid-September 2021.
- Baggage, seat selection and Velocity Points are included.
- This sale disappears at 11pm AEST tonight so race over to Virgin Australia to book your flight right now.
Nothing makes me cheerier than the Virgin Happy Hour sale. Speaking of which, let's get down to business.
The lead fare this week is Melbourne to Launceston from $69 one way. I'm sold.
More prices that will turn that frown upside down include:
- Sydney to Brisbane from $79 one way
- Melbourne to Sydney from $79 one way
- Hobart to Melbourne from $79 one way
- Sydney to Hobart from $89 one way
- Hobart to Ballina Byron from $129 one way
Travel dates in this Virgin Happy Hour sale include June to mid-September 2021. Perfect for an adventurous winter escape in Tassie or for surfing great swells in Byron Bay.
Don't wait too long, this is a "blink and you'll miss it" sale. Book with Virgin Australia today.
How good are these Virgin Happy Hour sale fares?
On the Melbourne–Hobart route for the July period, we found cheaper Jetstar fares (as compared on Skyscanner) from $41 one way. That saves you 40%.
However, if you want to add 20kg checked baggage you have to pay $26. Virgin has seat selection, 23kg of checked baggage and entertainment included in your airfare.
The Virgin Happy Hour sale ends 11pm AEST tonight (27 May), unless sold out prior.
These fares at a glance
- Great flexibility: Virgin Australia's Passenger Promise offers you free, unlimited date changes for travel up until 31 January 2022.
- Good airline: Checked luggage, seat selection and in-flight entertainment are included. Food and drinks cost extra.
- Good frequent flyer points: Earn 5 points for every $1 spent as a Velocity member. Earn from 345 points on the cheapest one-way leg of this Virgin Happy Hour sale.
- Great travel time: Happy days with direct flights.
- Good weather: While December to March is the best time to visit Tasmania, there's plenty to do in winter. From hiking a snow-covered Overland Track, skiing at Ben Lomond or joining the festivities at Dark Mofo, the list is nearly endless.
|Launceston||Melbourne||Economy One Way||27 Jul, 2021 to 09 Sep, 2021||$69||Book flights|
|Melbourne||Launceston||Economy One Way||27 Jul, 2021 to 09 Sep, 2021||$69||Book flights|
|Brisbane||Sydney||Economy One Way||08 Jun, 2021 to 08 Jul, 2021||$79||Book flights|
|Hobart||Melbourne||Economy One Way||17 Jul, 2021 to 09 Sep, 2021||$79||Book flights|
|Melbourne||Hobart||Economy One Way||17 Jul, 2021 to 09 Sep, 2021||$79||Book flights|
|Melbourne||Sydney||Economy One Way||09 Jun, 2021 to 14 Sep, 2021||$79||Book flights|
|Sydney||Brisbane||Economy One Way||08 Jun, 2021 to 08 Jul, 2021||$79||Book flights|
|Sydney||Melbourne||Economy One Way||09 Jun, 2021 to 14 Sep, 2021||$79||Book flights|
|Hobart||Sydney||Economy One Way||27 Jul, 2021 to 09 Sep, 2021||$89||Book flights|
|Sydney||Hobart||Economy One Way||27 Jul, 2021 to 09 Sep, 2021||$89||Book flights|
|Adelaide||Brisbane||Economy One Way||01 Jun, 2021 to 13 Jul, 2021||$119||Book flights|
|Brisbane||Adelaide||Economy One Way||01 Jun, 2021 to 13 Jul, 2021||$119||Book flights|
|Adelaide||Ballina Byron||Economy One Way||14 Jul, 2021 to 15 Sep, 2021||$129||Book flights|
|Ballina Byron||Adelaide||Economy One Way||14 Jul, 2021 to 15 Sep, 2021||$129||Book flights|
|Ballina Byron||Hobart||Economy One Way||14 Jul, 2021 to 15 Sep, 2021||$129||Book flights|
|Hobart||Ballina Byron||Economy One Way||14 Jul, 2021 to 15 Sep, 2021||$129||Book flights|
|Brisbane||Mount Isa||Economy One Way||02 Jun, 2021 to 12 Jul, 2021||$179||Book flights|
|Mount Isa||Brisbane||Economy One Way||02 Jun, 2021 to 12 Jul, 2021||$179||Book flights|
Never miss a flight deal! Check out our full list of all the latest flight sales.