Save on credit card costs with a 0% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers. Plus, a discounted $64 annual fee for the first year.
No longer offered in the market
The Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card – Exclusive Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Virgin Money credit cards here.
In addition to these features, you will also earn Velocity points per $1 spent on eligible purchases and look forward to a $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher each year with the Virgin Australia Flyer credit card. Plus a range of complimentary insurance covers, including guaranteed pricing scheme and transit accident insurance.
Benefits of using a Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card - Exclusive Offer
As a Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer cardholder you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Exclusive annual fee offer. Pay a discounted $64 annual fee for the first year when you apply through finder.com.au by 31 March 2019. Annual fee reverts to $129 p.a. thereafter.
- Purchase rate offer. Save on interest charges with 0% on purchases for up to 14 months. After the introductory period ends, any remaining balance accrues interest at the purchase rate, currently 20.74% p.a.
- Balance transfer offer. This card comes with a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for up to 6 months, with no balance transfer fee. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit from non-Citi credit cards, store cards and personal loans issued in Australia. After the introductory period expires, any remaining balance accrues interest at the cash advance rate, currently 20.99% p.a.
- $129 gift voucher each year. Receive a $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher each year when you make a retail purchase with your card within 2 months before requesting it to unlock your benefit. You can use this voucher for booking Virgin Australia flights or selected Virgin Australia holiday packages anytime within the first 6 months from the issue date.
- Rewards program. Earn 0.66 Velocity Points per $1 spent up to $1,500 per month, and then 0.5 points per $1 spent thereafter, uncapped.
- Complimentary insurance. When you use this card to pay for travel you can make use of complimentary transit accident insurance, and guaranteed pricing scheme offers protection to purchases you make using this card.
- Personal Concierge. Access to the Visa Platinum Concierge Service is free and available 24/7. You can make use of this service globally, and it can help you in matters like travel, entertainment, dining, and business.
- Card security. Fraudshield is in place to monitor your card activity and detect unusual transactions, and upon detecting any it notifies you of the same immediately. Visa's Zero Liability policy ensures you don't have to pay for fraudulent transactions as long as you use your card responsibly.
Features of the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card - Exclusive Offer
- Interest rates. The variable interest for purchases is 20.74% p.a. If you use this card for cash advances, transactions will accrue interest at a rate of 20.99% p.a. (variable).
- Interest-free days. Get up to 44 interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date of each statement. Note that you will not be eligible for interest-free days while you carry debt from a balance transfer.
- Credit limit. The credit limit for this card is $6,000 and the maximum credit limit is $100,000, available depending on your income and credit history.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 4 supplementary cards to be added to your account. Each additional card will be charged $19 for the first year, then $39 p.a. thereafter.
If you want to make the most of your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership, the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer card could be of benefit to you. The promotional offer options give the card some flexibility, and discounted flights and concierge services could prove useful for frequent travellers. As this isn't the only frequent flyer credit card on the market, you'll need to compare your options to find the right card for you before deciding to apply.Back to top