Looking for affordable travel cover? Consider Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance to protect the essentials.
When you are packing for a holiday you have to make constant decisions between what you want to take and what you really need to take. When you overload your luggage with a whole lot of items you’d like to take but in reality will probably not have a chance to use on your trip, you will find you cost yourself more in excess baggage allowances, not to mention the cost to your back in lugging that extra luggage.
Your travel insurance can be much the same, because you can feel as though you should add every little extra to your policy that you can, but the more you add, the more it costs you in your premium. However, as you start looking at what you can leave behind in a travel insurance policy, you may start thinking that the decision between your cream, white or off-white jackets would be an easier one. That is why Virgin have made the decision of what you really need in travel insurance easier for you, by creating a package with just the essentials, to make sure the cover is affordable for you to put in place, while keeping you protected while you travel.
Inquire now for Virgin Essentials Insurance Cover for your next overseas adventure
Who underwrites Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance?
The provider of Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance, Virgin Australia Airlines Proprietary Limited, is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Proprietary Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance.
Features of Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance
The essential features included in the Virgin Essentials travel insurance package will protect you against all of the worst and most common situations you may encounter to disrupt your travel. With Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance, you will be covered for the following:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits - $5,000
- 24/7 overseas emergency medical assistance - unlimited cover
- Overseas emergency medical expenses - unlimited cover
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses - up to $25,000
- Travel delay expenses - up to $2,000
- Luggage and personal effects - up to $3,000
- Luggage and personal effect delay expenses - $250
- Personal liability cover - $1 million
You can also opt for a single or family plan with your cover.
A single travel plan will provide cover for you and your dependents if they are travelling with you and you will have access to complimentary cover for children under 21 years old.
For family plan, you can cover all your family members that are travelling with under one policy and a limit on your benefits will be applicable.
Benefits of Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance
Virgin Essentials travel insurance package offers comprehensive features for a great value. In addition, there are also other advantages of choosing Virgin as your travel insurance provider. These include:
- Affordability: Virgin have created a range of travel insurance packages for ease of use and affordability. This means you can quickly and easily match your needs to one of the pre-designed packages and pay for only what you need and want. The travel insurance products offered by Virgin Money also have the same high level of quality and service you expect of the Virgin brand, while still being affordable and continuing to set them apart from their competitors.
- Cover for pre-existing medical conditions: If you have a pre-existing medical condition, Virgin Essentials travel insurance will provide cover at no extra cost if you suffer from one of the 36 conditions listed on the policy. Carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to have a clear understanding of the terms and conditions.
- Optional extras: If you’d like the Virgin Essentials travel insurance cover tailored a little more to your needs, you can add features such as sports cover, or adjust the excess amounts on each feature.
- Fast and easy claims: When you are making a claim on your travel insurance you want the process to be fast and easy, so you can get off the phone and access your claim benefit as soon as possible. Virgin makes sure you can contact their claims department at any time, from anywhere in the world, for an easy to understand and navigate claims process.
- Comprehensive cover periods: The cover for your cancellation fees and lost deposits feature begins from the time your policy is activated, in case your travel plans are changed by your service providers before you leave. The remainder of your features are activated from the date of your departure and cover ends when you return home.
- Cooling-off period: After your cover is approved, you have 14 days in which to change your mind. If you choose to cancel your cover during the cooling off period, you will receive a full refund of premiums paid in this time, as long as you haven’t made a claim or set off on your journey. You can cancel your policy after the cooling off period, but you will not receive any refund on your premiums.
- Extend your cover for free: If your return home has been delayed because of your travel provider you can extend your cover to remain in place until your new expected arrival date, as long as the new date period does not exceed 12 months. You cannot extend your cover because of pre existing conditions, or if you are 70 or older at the time you apply for the extension.
How to Apply for Virgin Essentials Travel Insurance
You can apply for Virgin travel insurance in just minutes over the phone or online. To apply for Essentials cover from Virgin Travel Insurance:
- You are 16 years old and over.
- You must be an Australian resident.
- You must purchase the policy before you start your trip.
- Your trip must begin and end in Australia.
With Virgin travel insurance, you can rest assured that no matter what should happen at the duration of your trip, you will be financially protected against common events that often affect many travellers whilst overseas. Virgin Essentials travel insurance keeps its cover simple and easy to understand for you, enabling you to save money to spend on other exciting things on your adventure.