Protect yourself with confidence when travelling with Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance
When planning your holiday, the last thing you want to do is add another line to your budget. You will likely have spent many hours researching your destination, choosing the most comfortable and best value hotel and hunting down the best deals on flights. However, have you put the same amount of effort into making sure you have complete travel insurance cover?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to start your holiday planning and research from the beginning, because Virgin travel insurance offers an affordable and inclusive option when you need travel insurance for a domestic or international trip. The Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance policy protects you 24 hours a day, wherever you are in the world, making sure that if something does happen to disrupt your plans, it doesn’t disrupt your entire travel experience.
Get a Free Quote for Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance for Your Next Overseas Trip
Who Underwrites Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance?
Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd, the provider of Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance, is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement.
Features of Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance
Virgin Money has long been helping people around the world to realise their dreams and manage their finances and futures. Therefore, they have now put those same efforts into helping you manage and realise your travel dreams and helping you prepare for any eventuality in the future, with a range of travel insurance products.
Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance policy offers:
- Customisable insurance options: From the range of Virgin travel insurance products you can choose medical cover only, essentials cover or comprehensive cover for wider protection, or specialised frequent traveller insurance if you take more than one trip during the year. From these policies you can then customise your cover further by adding sports cover, or increasing the cover amounts of specific features of the policy such as the cover for personal items or rental vehicle cover. You can also choose to increase or decrease the excess amount, depending on your budget and your finances at the time of your travel.
- Cover around the clock: With Virgin comprehensive travel insurance you are protected by the Virgin partnership with Allianz Global Assistance program which gives you access to overseas emergency medical assistance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including access to specialist teams of doctors, registered nurses and support staff.
- Easy claims process: You can make a claim on your Virgin travel insurance at any time by calling the claims number and your Virgin team member will guide you quickly and easily through the process.
- Apply online or over the phone: You can apply for cover online or over the phone with Virgin and the process will take just a few minutes. All you need to do is submit your request for a quote and your cover will be active once your application is approved. It's as easy as that.
- Cooling off period: There is a 14 day cooling off period after your cover is approved, so you can cancel your policy if you change your mind and receive a full refund of any premiums you’ve paid.
- Free cover for kids: Children under 21 are covered for free when they are travelling with a parent or grandparent who is insured by Virgin comprehensive travel insurance.
When you choose the Comprehensive option of the Virgin Travel Insurance range, the features and benefit amounts include:
- Single duo and family cover options.
- Emergency assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Unlimited emergency overseas medical cover.
- $1 million personal liability cover.
- $10,000 cover for cancelation fees and lost deposits.
- Cover for delays and alternative travel costs.
- Up to $10,000 of cover for your luggage and personal effects.
- Car rental excess cover.
- Cover for your travel documents, travellers cheques, credit cards and the theft of cash.
- Insurance cover in case of loss of income or permanent disability as the result of your travel, including cover for accidental death.
Customise your Comprehensive Virgin Travel Insurance with Additional Protection Cover
You can further add to your Virgin travel insurance by including and tailoring the following options:
- Sports cover: is an optional feature that helps protect you from financial losses and trip disruptions which can be caused by avalanches, bad weather closures or damaged equipment if you are planning a golf weekend or a snow sports holiday. This feature does attract an additional premium on the Comprehensive policy.
- Rental vehicle access: The cover amount for rental vehicle access if your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen is up to $3,000 as part of the Comprehensive policy and you can increase this cover amount in increments of $1,000 up to the value of $8,000 for an additional premium.
- Luggage and personal effects cover: The Comprehensive Virgin Travel Insurance policy includes cover for your luggage and personal effects up to $10,000 with specific cover limits for certain items, which you can adjust according to the value of your belongings.
Why Choose Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance?
Virgin Money is one of Australia's leading financial institutions and they make no compromise on the quality of travel insurance products that they offer. Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance is a policy that is designed to meet the needs of international travellers who are looking for maximum protection throughout the duration of their travelling experience, with additional benefit options to suit your needs.
You can apply for Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance from 16 years old to age 74. You also have the option to choose a single or family plan and you can cover your dependents or other family members while they are travelling with you.
In addition, you also have to choose the geographical regions that you travelling to at the time of application - Worldwide, Europe, Asia, Pacific and New Zealand. These destinations are grouped into specific regions and are organised by from highest to lowest price respectively. This is to ensure that you have the appropriate level of cover at a price that suits you and you will also be automatically covered for lower priced regions.