HUGE Virgin Australia business class fare discounts – don’t miss out!
Here's how to maximise your status credits on business travel through to June 2022.
Virgin Australia has slashed prices on its Business Class fares, making now the best time to book your future business travel.
Virgin Australia Business Saver fares on some domestic routes are just under $200. First reported by Australian Frequent Flyer, there is a catch: You can't book Virgin's cheapest Business Saver fares on most routes within 4 weeks of the departure date.
Virgin has added the requirement that you book in advance by at least 28 days, but we can confirm we've seen discount Business Saver fares through to June 2022 – meaning you can book these cheaper flights right now for future travel.
Some of these cheaper Business Save fares are as cheap or cheaper than Freedom Economy fares.
This is a great opportunity for Velocity Frequent Flyer members to earn more status credits than usual without having to buy a pricier Business fare.
The cheapest Business Saver class fares are Brisbane to Rockhampton from $199 one way, and Melbourne to Launceston also from $199 one way, both routes will net you a neat 50 status credits.
Keeping in mind that you'll earn more status credits the further the distance you're travelling, here are a few of the routes on sale that will net you the most status credits:
- Adelaide to Canberra (via Melbourne) from $287 one way, earn 100 status credits
- Cairns to Brisbane from $299 one way, earn 60 status credits
- Melbourne to Gold Coast $299 one way, earn 60 status credits
- Perth to Broome from $399 one way, earn 60 status credits
- Hobart to Gold Coast (via Melbourne) from $479 one way, earn 110 status credits
If you're looking to complete a status run, the Adelaide to Canberra (via Melbourne) is a fairly cheap option that will let you earn 100 status credits.
On routes where Virgin is competing with Rex Airlines, its Business Saver fares are still available to be purchased the day before departure. Some of those fares include:
- Canberra to Melbourne from $249 one way, earn 50 status credits
- Melbourne to Adelaide: $299 one way, earns 50 status credits
- Melbourne to Gold Coast: $299 one way, earn 60 status credits
- Sydney to Gold Coast: $299 one way, earn 50 status credits
- Sydney to Melbourne: $299 one way, earn 50 status credits
If you want the option of booking within 28 days or want to book a Business fare, some of your best options include:
- Brisbane to Rockhampton from $249, earn 55 status credits
- Sydney to Sunshine Coast from $299, earn 55 status credits
- Brisbane to Newcastle from $299, earn 55 status credits
- Brisbane to Proserpine from $299, earn 55 status credits
- Canberra to Adelaide from $319, earn 55 status credits
- Canberra to Adelaide (via Melbourne) from $337, earn 110 status credits
- Perth to Cairns from $449, earn 105 status credits
How good are these fares?
"These bargain price business class seats are a very attractive option for Velocity members, especially if you're trying to bank status credits so you can move to a higher tier," said Finder's frequent flyer expert, Angus Kidman. "The fares are also more flexible, which is particularly useful when booking travel right now. It's worth checking dates around Christmas, since that's a rare period to see discounts otherwise."