Get the latest Virgin Car Insurance Discounts to save further on your policy.
Switch to Virgin before the end of 2017 and you can get 25% off comprehensive car insurance with a Price Saver policy. All you have to do is sign up for a new policy the easy way, online, and you’ll keep getting a quarter off your premiums. If you make the switch before the end of 2016 you’ll also earn 5,000 bonus Velocity points for extra rewards.
This page is for saving on comprehensive car insurance, but Virgin also has a Price Saver option for home and contents insurance with its own 25% off. You may only apply one discount at a time, however, so you can choose whether you’d prefer to save big on car insurance or on home insurance.
Save 15% on the Virgin Car Insurance Price Saver Policy
Save 15%* - Buy Virgin Car Insurance Price Saver online and save now. Terms and conditions apply.
Virgin offers two different kinds of comprehensive car insurance, as well as third party property and third party fire and theft cover.
- The 25% discount only applies to the Price Saver option, but it may also be good to consider other policies to find the ideal one for your needs
- Choose a policy and then select the optional extras you want to round it off
|Features||Price Saver (Comprehensive)||Price Promise (Comprehensive)||Third party, fire and theft||Third party property|
|2 year price promise|
|New car replacement valid for...|
|Emergency transport and accommodation|
|Hire vehicle following theft|
|Lifetime guarantee on repairs|
|No fault no excess|
|No claims discount preserved with no fault|
|Security system discount|
|Replacement keys or remote|
|Legal liability cover|
|Optional extras||Price Saver (Comprehensive)||Price Promise (Comprehensive)||Third party, fire and theft||Third party property|
|Agreed or market value choice|
|No claim discount protection|
|Windscreen excess reduction|
|Accident hire car|
|Restricted driver discounts|
|Variable excess to reduce premium|
- If you choose to sign up for Price Saver comprehensive car insurance online for the 25% discount, you should know that fees may apply.
- If you pay premiums monthly there are 12 fees of 66 cents per hundred dollars paid in premiums.
- If you pay fortnightly the fee is 26 payments of 31 cents per hundred dollars paid in premiums.
- There is a payment resubmission fee of $11, and an early cancellation fee of $40 may apply if you cancel the policy before its expiry date.
A dependable and established underwriter can make policies more reliable in the long run. Virgin car insurance is underwritten by Auto and General Insurance Company Limited, an APRA regulated insurance company that’s widely used both in Australia and worldwide to help insure millions of people.
- Virgin has a variety of policies to choose from, including multiple comprehensive car insurance options
- Virgin was launched to give customers a better deal and aims to offer great value products that are easy to understand and compare
- They offer a number of different ways to save money on car insurance. You can save by getting 25% off and then adjust your policy for further value
- Flexible choice of monthly or annual premium payments
- If you have two cars, Virgin may let you apply existing no claims discounts to the second one
- 24/7 online signup mean you can get a quote and buy cover around the clock. You can get insured on the same day, or can choose a policy start date
- Virgin business car insurance offers many of the same benefits as cover for personal use
- All policies come with $20 million legal liability and a lifetime guarantee on repairs
- Roadside assistance options are available with all policies
- You can only apply one offer or discount at a time which can be a difficult decision
- Virgin does not offer cover for bikes, boats or caravans, although they do have options for vans and trailers
- Without comprehensive car insurance you will still have to pay an excess and lose your no claims bonus in a no-fault accident.
- Variable excess options are only available with comprehensive car insurance
- No cover for people not named on the insurance policy
The first step to sign up for Virgin car insurance is to compare policies and get a quote. Remember, you only get 25% off when registering online.
You will need to provide:
- Your car’s make, model and year of manufacture
- Information on where it’s typically parked overnight
- Information on your driving habits and car use, and any outstanding financing
- Personal information such as name and date of birth
- Information on everyone who will be driving that car
If you don’t have all the information handy, you can still go through the steps and select “I don’t know” where applicable, and Virgin will offer a quote based on available information.
- Call 1800 662 884 to reach the 24 hour Virgin claims helpline, or fill in a claims form online and get a callback instead.
- Email supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of an accident:
- Ensure everyone, yourself included, is safe. Call emergency services if there are injuries, the road is blocked or if the other party refuses to provide insurance details. You are not required to call the police if none of these apply.
- Get information on the other drivers and vehicles involved, and witnesses, including their name, contact details and vehicle and license information as applicable. Do not admit any fault, even if you were at fault.
- Call Virgin with your policy number, police report if relevant and details of the accident as soon as possible after you have completed the two steps above.
Q. Are there any other ways I can save money on car insurance?
Yes! You can choose variable excess options, cultivate a no claims or safe driver discount, restrict drivers by age and more.
Q. Are personal belongings left in the car covered for theft?
Yes, but only with comprehensive car insurance policies
Q. Can I choose my own repairer or do I have to use Virgin’s?
You can let Virgin handle it for you, or can choose your own repairer if desired. Virgin has the right to veto your choice if they feel the quote is uncompetitive or the quality of repairs is inadequate.
Q. Can I get my car covered for business use?
Yes, with the exception of carrying goods or passengers for payment, going paid driving tuition or renting the car to others
Q. What are the benefits of Price Saver vs Price Promise comprehensive car insurance?
Price Saver comes with a 25% discount when buying online, but Price Promise guarantees the same premiums in the second year as the first providing your circumstances are unchanged. There are also some other differences in what is covered.
Q. What happens if I don’t pay the premiums?
If you’re a month or more late on payments then Virgin reserves the right to cancel your policy without notice
Can I cancel my Virgin policy if I’m not happy with it?
If you’re not happy with your policy or think you’ve found a better option elsewhere, you can cancel within 21 days of the purchase date to receive a full refund on all premiums paid, provided you haven’t made a claim.