Explore your state with Virgin Australia’s sale from $79 a pop
With free unlimited date changes, seeing your own backyard is made easy.
Forget those post-weekend blues with Virgin Australia's Let Your State Surprise You sale.
Coming in at the cheapest spot is Sydney to Ballina Byron from $79 and Brisbane to Proserpine from $99 one way. You can also fly with the peace of mind that all the sale fares are in-state and do not cross any borders.
The good news keeps on coming with the travel dates running between 2 September and 16 December 2020. So if you were hoping to escape this summer, you're in luck.
Enjoy flexible flying with unlimited date changes for bookings and travel made until 31 October 2020. Do keep in mind that this sale requires a minimum of two travellers per booking.
With the threat of COVID-19 still looming, it's important to check Smartraveller before making any bookings. Unsure of which states are open to each other? We've got you sorted with a domestic travel restrictions guide that outlines everything you need to know.
The bargains continue with Perth to Broome from $199, Brisbane to Rockhampton from $115, and Sydney to Coffs Harbour from $99 each way.
We think these fares are worth a glance too:
- Brisbane to Mackay from $115 one way
- Cairns to Brisbane from $129 one way
- Perth to Kununurra from $239 one way
Don't wait around, head over to Skyscanner to lock in your next getaway.
This sale is only available for 48 hours, so make sure to get in before midnight Wednesday 19 August 2020.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. If you've been itching for a trip intrastate, then these prices are just for you. On average you'd be paying around $600 for a round trip from Perth to Broome. With this sale, you pay $398 for a return fare which saves you $200.
- Airline: Great. Virgin Australia is a full service carrier. This means that checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your airfares.
- Frequent flyer points: Great. As a Velocity member, you earn 5 points for $1 spent. So on the cheapest round trip of this sale, you could earn 790 points.
- Travel time: Great. Connection times are a thing of the past with direct flights across the sale.
- Weather: Great. Marvel at everything Western Australia has on offer with a trip north to Broome. Heading out in October will have you there at the end of the dry season where temperatures are optimal for soaking up the sun.
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals