Virgin Australia review: Sydney-Adelaide
A cheeky four-day trip on the same day as the Superloop Adelaide 500
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
I am not a petrol head, but it just so happened that the stars were aligned (out of my favour) and the weekend that suited my first trip to Adelaide was also the weekend of the Superloop Adelaide 500.
I booked the cheapest flight that left on Thursday on Virgin Australia at 6:45am and here's what went down.
- Route: Sydney-Adelaide
- Duration: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Flight Number(s): VA0402
- Aircraft Type: Boeing 737-800
- Dates Travelled: 28 February 2019
- Class: Economy
- Frequent Flyer Program: Virgin Velocity
- Points earned: 855 points and 7 status credits
Stephanie Yip's Virgin Australia review ★★★☆☆
- Timeliness: Flight left on time and landed early.
- Legroom: Comfortable amount.
- No weighing of bags. Despite recent crack downs, Virgin didn't scrutinise the weight of carry-on bags.
- Food: Pretty sub-standard. I got the mandatory tea/coffee offering and a protein ball for brekky.
What did I like?
- Timeliness. The flight boarded on time and despite being full due to the Superloop, I still had plenty of time to get settled in my seat before we set off. The flight landed around 10 minutes earlier than expected, but my pre-organised ride to my accommodation was still waiting for me as I walked out the doors.
- Legroom: There wasn't an excessive amount of room, but it was more than comfortable for me (157cm tall) and would have been fine for the average Aussie.
- No weighing of carry-on bags. Even though I knew I was under the 7kg hand-carry limit, I still get a little stressed having to weigh my bag. Virgin didn't bother this time around which made boarding that much faster.
What didn’t I like?
- The food: All Virgin Australia flights offer meals and ours was a breakfast that left me heavily disappointed. I understand we won't get hot meals but a protein ball can hardly be considered a breakfast snack.
Would I use Virgin Australia again?
Yes. While it was nothing extraordinary, I didn't leave this flight with any major complaints. The service was good quality, the airplane was roomy and clean, and the flight was smooth.
Virgin Australia flight deals and sales:
More guides on Finder
Epic $29 Jetstar sale has landed + $109 international flights
Holiday locally or head overseas to Bali, Thailand, New Zealand, Hawaii, Fiji and more.
Free RAT tests in Australia: Who can get one and where are they?
Find out if you qualify for a free rapid antigen test kit now available for over 6 million Australians.
Why is the NAB and ANZ share price stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks rose 1%-15% over the last 12 months.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Uniti Group (UWL ↑8.2%), Tietto Minerals (TIE ↑6.1%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Monday 24 January 2022.
Share trading vs share CFDs: What’s the difference, which is right for you?
SPONSORED: Not sure whether to trade shares or CFDs? Learn more here.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 40% off KN95 face masks, half-price Remington electric shavers, 60% off Massage Guns.
Nintendo Switch OLED vs Switch vs Switch Lite: Parents guide
Which console is best for you? The Switch OLED, Normal Switch or Lite Switch?
UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane: Get live Australian stream here
Heavyweight superstars Francis Ngannou and Cyril Gane meet in UFC 270.
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Ask an Expert