A cheeky four-day trip on the same day as the Superloop Adelaide 500
I am not a petrol head, but it just so happened that the stars were aligned (out of my favour) and the weekend that suited my first trip to Adelaide was also the weekend of the Superloop Adelaide 500.
I booked the cheapest flight that left on Thursday on Virgin Australia at 6:45am and here's what went down.
- Route: Sydney-Adelaide
- Duration: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Flight Number(s): VA0402
- Aircraft Type: Boeing 737-800
- Dates Travelled: 28 February 2019
- Class: Economy
- Frequent Flyer Program: Virgin Velocity
- Points earned: 855 points and 7 status credits
Stephanie Yip's Virgin Australia review ★★★☆☆
- Timeliness: Flight left on time and landed early.
- Legroom: Comfortable amount.
- No weighing of bags. Despite recent crack downs, Virgin didn't scrutinise the weight of carry-on bags.
- Food: Pretty sub-standard. I got the mandatory tea/coffee offering and a protein ball for brekky.
What did I like?
- Timeliness. The flight boarded on time and despite being full due to the Superloop, I still had plenty of time to get settled in my seat before we set off. The flight landed around 10 minutes earlier than expected, but my pre-organised ride to my accommodation was still waiting for me as I walked out the doors.
- Legroom: There wasn't an excessive amount of room, but it was more than comfortable for me (157cm tall) and would have been fine for the average Aussie.
- No weighing of carry-on bags. Even though I knew I was under the 7kg hand-carry limit, I still get a little stressed having to weigh my bag. Virgin didn't bother this time around which made boarding that much faster.
What didn’t I like?
- The food: All Virgin Australia flights offer meals and ours was a breakfast that left me heavily disappointed. I understand we won't get hot meals but a protein ball can hardly be considered a breakfast snack.
Would I use Virgin Australia again?
Yes. While it was nothing extraordinary, I didn't leave this flight with any major complaints. The service was good quality, the airplane was roomy and clean, and the flight was smooth.
Virgin Australia flight deals and sales:
Popular Virgin Australia - Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|11 Jul 2018||3-months of Netflix FREE when you connect to Virgin Australia Wi-Fi||********|