Virgin Australia launches sale flights to Bali from $299 each way
Or pick up return flights from $499.
Attention, people of Melbourne! Virgin Australia has introduced direct flights between Melbourne and Bali, and they're on sale. So what's on offer? You can score one-way airfares from $299 or return tickets from $499.
As this is an introductory offer, these sale fares are only available on direct flights from Melbourne Tullamarine to Denpasar, Bali. You can book your holiday for any time between 16 April and 17 June 2020 or 19 July and 9 September 2020.
We recommend making the most of the return fares, as it will save you a bit of money compared to booking separate one-way flights. You'll also receive a complimentary 23kg of checked baggage per person alongside a meal and drinks.
For anyone who's in the mood to splurge, Virgin Australia has also rolled out business class fares starting from $699 one way and $1,299 return. If you want to upgrade your economy tickets to Economy X, you can do so for an additional $89, which gets you extra legroom, priority screening and boarding (where available) and allocated overhead baggage storage.
To make the most of this incredible offer, head straight over to Virgin Australia to book in these low fares.
We have a feeling these sale fares aren't going to last long, but you do have until 25 November 2019 to book, unless sold out prior.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. Average prices from Australia to Bali can cost you anywhere around $700, with a good deal coming in at $580. These Virgin Australia introductory fares come in at $499 return, saving you around $80 on a round trip. We have previously seen return fares drop to $282, but these flights were departing from Darwin.
- Airline: Great. As one of the most trusted Australian airlines, Virgin Australia provides award-winning service, including complimentary checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment. It was awarded the 2018 Five Star Major Regional Official Airline Rating at the APEX awards.
- Frequent flyer points: Great. Virgin Australia has a Velocity Frequent Flyer program and customers who book these airfares will be eligible for the current promotion of double status credit points. You'll have to book these flights before 11:59pm on 24 November to get these points.
- Travel time: Great. This is the first time that Virgin Australia has offered direct flights from Melbourne to Bali, so there will be no fuss with connection times and long stopovers.
- Weather: Great. The best time to travel to Bali is between April and June when the weather is dry and warm. This aligns perfectly with the travel periods on offer, as the dry season continues between July and September.
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?
- Virgin Australia becomes the first Australian airline to offer flexible bookings until 2021
- Tasmanians to receive $150 in vouchers to boost local tourism
- New DiDi rideshare service shaves 20% more off Sydney rides
- Queensland’s NSW and ACT travel ban: Everything you need to know