Virgin Australia codeshare on Air Canada flights
Great news for frequent flyers and international travellers.
Passengers travelling aboard any of Virgin's 18 return services each week between Australia and LA can now book fares on Air Canada services to/from the three Canadian cities for travel from 1 June 2017.
Virgin customers can earn Velocity Points when travelling on eligible codeshare services, while travellers flying Air Canada’s daily services from Vancouver to Brisbane and Sydney will be able to book connecting Virgin Australia flights to Adelaide, Canberra, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth, Christchurch and Auckland for travel from 1 June 2017.
They can also book travel on Virgin Australia services from Sydney to Brisbane, Sydney to the Gold Coast and Brisbane to Wellington. Members of Air Canada’s loyalty program, Aeroplan, will earn Aeroplan Miles when travelling on these codeshare services.
This is the first step in a strategic cooperation agreement between Virgin and Air Canada, signed in 2016.
Virgin also plans to codeshare on Air Canada's direct flights between Vancouver and Australia. The two airlines intend to offer reciprocal frequent flyer redemption benefits later in the year.
- Qantas extends SriLankan Airlines codeshare agreement, adds six new destinations
- Tigerair getting tougher on baggage rules
- Route Finder: Beijing-Kota Kinabalu, Nice-New York, Bangkok-Chengdu
- Route Finder: Bangkok-Xi’An, Munich-Bern, Paris-Toulon
- Jetstar’s squeezing another row of seats onto its A320s