Get complimentary access to a Virgin Australia Lounge and you’ll never have a better reason to arrive early for your flight.
Travelling can be stressful, so why make it more difficult than it needs to be? In fact — why not make it easier? The Virgin Australia Lounge can do just that, by seeing you through to your flight with ease. With access to the lounge, you’re also able to take advantage of priority check-in, a specially-designed menu, Wi-Fi, services and entertainment. See what other benefits are available to lounge visitors, and how you can become a visitor yourself.
How does the Virgin Australia Airport Lounge work?
The Virgin Australia Airport Lounge offers Velocity members, Lounge members and business and first class Virgin passengers complimentary services before their flight. There are various benefits to these lounges, and they go beyond the Luke Mangan-designed buffet menu. Guest can enjoy priority check-in, Foxtel, and Premium Valet services among other things, to help make your time at the airport easier and more enjoyable.
Features of the Virgin airport lounge
- Priority check-in. If you’re only going for a short trip and just have carry on luggage, you can bypass the queues when you check-in at the lounge. Velocity Platinum and Gold members, as well as Business and Premium Economy ticket-holders, can also enjoy premium lounge entry and value and a priority screening security lane in Melbourne.
- Flight information. You’ll have access to flight information from within the lounge, with large screens displaying departure times and flight updates, The lounge team members will also make boarding announcements to ensure you don’t miss your flight.
- Dining services. One of the main perks is the complimentary food and drink that’s on offer in the lounge. You can enjoy barista coffee, cold drinks and snacks, as well as alcohol after 11am. You can also stay for the Luke Mangan-designed breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets.
- Lounge facilities. You’ll have access to lounge bathrooms and showers to freshen up before your flight, as well as to the complimentary Wi-Fi access and Foxtel. Virgin also offer newspapers from 95 countries in 55 languages, as well as live feeds from the Australian Stock Exchange.
- Business services. Virgin offers services for those who need to work on-the-go, including communal work tables, printing and photocopying services, and private meeting rooms that can be hired.
Who is eligible to get into a Velocity Airport Lounge?
- Velocity members. Velocity Platinum or Gold members are able to access the lounge when they’re travelling on a Virgin flight that day.
- Virgin Australia Lounge members. You can also become a Virgin Australia lounge member to get access to the lounge, and if you become a lifetime member you’ll be able to access the lounge through a self-service entry.
- Extended lounge network. Virgin Australia lounge members will also have access to Air New Zealand lounges in Australia and New Zealand, totalling 24 lounges when on domestic and trans-Tasman departures.
- Children. Those under the age of 18 can gain entry to the lounge, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Virgin Australia lounge and Velocity Platinum and Gold members can bring two children aged three to 12 years into the lounge, and these children won’t be included in their guest allowance.
- Non-members. As a non-member you can gain entry with a Velocity Gold or Platinum member or a Virgin lounge member. You also have the option of buying a single entry for $65 when you’re travelling with Virgin, but with this pass you can only access the lounge for two hours before your departure.
How else can I get access to the Velocity Airport Lounge?
If none of the above scenarios apply to you, there is still another option available. Some rewards credit cards that are linked to the Velocity program will also give you complimentary lounge passes that you can use when you fly. As well as having lounge access you can also take advantage of other perks offered by some of these cards, which may include complimentary travel insurance policies, as well as earning points that can be redeemed for a variety of rewards.