How to get free access to Virgin Australia Airport Lounges
Compare credit cards with airport lounge access and unwind before your next flight in a Virgin Australia lounge.
Virgin Australia has dozens of airport lounges in Australia. Visitors can relax in the lounge before their flight and enjoy complimentary food, drinks while taking advantage of Wi-Fi and dedicated check-in. Single entry passes to the lounge can cost between $44 and $65 depending on your Velocity Status, but you can visit for free with the right credit card.
Use this guide to discover the benefits you can expect when you visit a Virgin Australia lounge and compare credit cards with complimentary airport lounge passes.
Who can visit a Virgin Australia airport lounge?
You can visit a Virgin Australia lounge if you're a Velocity Platinum or Gold member, Virgin Australia Lounge member or a Virgin Australia business class guest. Velocity Silver, Red and non-members with a valid Virgin Australia boarding pass can purchase a single-entry pass to a lounge on the day of travel for $65. These passes are only available for domestic lounges, not international lounges operated by partnered airlines.
Virgin Australia lounge members will also have access to Air New Zealand lounges in Australia and New Zealand, totalling 24 lounges when on domestic and trans-Tasman departures.
Get free entry with a credit card with complimentary lounge invites
There are a number of credit cards in Australia that offer Virgin Australia lounge invitations. The details will vary between cards, but you may receive two complimentary single-entry invitations to visit a Virgin Australia lounge in Australia each year. These cards are often linked with the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, so you can earn points as you spend. Some of these cards also come with other perks to suit travellers including flight vouchers and complimentary travel insurance.
Features and benefits of Virgin Australia airport lounges
- Complimentary food and beverages. Fill up before your flight on complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner served in the lounge. You can enjoy fresh barista-made coffee and treat yourself to snacks and cold drinks throughout the day. Premium wines and beers are also available from 11am daily.
- Priority check-in. If you have carry-on luggage, you can skip the queues when you check-in at the lounge.
- Flight information. Stay on top of flight information with large screens displaying departure times and flight updates located throughout the lounge.
- Bathroom facilities. Freshen up with shower facilities and enjoy skincare products created by Hunter Lab.
- Business services. Get some work done before you take off with business facilities including complimentary Wi-Fi, individual workstations and desktop computers, communal work tables, printers and photocopiers. You can also hire private meeting rooms in selected lounges.
Want to know more? Check out our latest hands-on Virgin Australia lounge reviews.
Compare credit cards with Virgin Australia lounge access
Ask an Expert