Virgin Australia drops unmissable $49 Sydney to Melbourne flight sale
Rex did it first. Now, Virgin has joined in offering super-low full-service fares and Velocity points.
Earlier today, Rex slashed flights between Sydney and Melbourne to $49 each way.
Now Virgin Australia has joined in with like-for-like fares – and you'll hear no complaints from us.
Getting straight into the details, take off between Sydney and Melbourne for as low as $49 in economy or $199 one way for business class seats.
The travel dates run right through March, which is perfect for those of you looking to get in the last bit of the warm weather.
With the expectation that these fares won't last too long, Virgin Australia is also dropping $79 tickets on the same route for travel from 1 April to 15 December 2021.
This sale is only available until midnight 28 February 2021, unless sold out prior.
Don't miss out! Head to Virgin Australia to lock in your next New South Wales or Victorian escape.
A Virgin Australia spokesperson said, "Today, we've raised the bar even higher – matching some of the lowest airfares in the market – complete with checked-baggage, seat selection, double Velocity Points on eligible bookings and, of course, our award-winning service".
How good are these fares?
- Price: Dare we say out of this world? Virgin Australia is known for its anticipated weekly Happy Hour sales, but we haven't seen anything like this in a while. For scope, the airline benchmarks its sales between $69 and $79 one way. So this offer works out at least $20 cheaper on each leg of the trip.
- Flexibility: Great. Virgin Australia's Passenger Promise offers you free, unlimited date changes for bookings made up until 30 April 2021 for travel up until 31 January 2022.
- Airline: Great. Fly with one of Australia's full-service carriers. This means that checked baggage, seat selection, in-flight meals and entertainment are all included in the cost of your fare.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Good. Earn 5 points for every $1 spent as a Velocity member. This sale earns its passengers a minimum of 450 points on a return flight.
- Travel time: Great. No need to wait around for connection times with direct flights between the east coast capitals.
- Weather Great. Lucky for you, March is the perfect time to visit either Sydney or Melbourne. Not only does it bring in quieter crowds and more comfortable temperatures, but it also sees cheaper accommodation in the capitals.