Guide to Virgin’s accelerate corporate program
Spend more time in the air than in the office? Learn how to get rewards and savings through the Virgin Australia accelerate program.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
This corporate travel program rewards Australian businesses whose employees regularly fly with Virgin Australia, offering savings of up to 10% on selected Virgin Australia flights, account credits and exclusive offers throughout the year. It also offers a dedicated account management team and provides monthly progress reports to help you keep on top of your business travel spending.
In addition to these benefits, you and your employees can enjoy discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership and will continue to earn Velocity Points and Status Credits for all eligible flights.
Who can join Virgin Australia accelerate?
Small-to-medium businesses that spend at least $20,000 each year on travel with Virgin Australia and its codeshare flight partners can enjoy free membership to this program. Other key requirements your business needs to meet include the following:
- An active Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- An Australian street address
Travel industry exclusions
Please note that membership to Virgin Australia accelerate is not available to travel agents, travel management companies, air travel consolidators or anyone re-selling air travel.
How can I apply for the accelerate program?
You can apply for Virgin Australia accelerate membership online in a few minutes via the program's website. Before you get started, make sure you have the following details on hand to speed up the application process:
- Business details. You will need to provide the name of your business, your ABN or ACN, your street address and your contact details.
- Contact details. You will need to provide your name, email address and phone number. If there is a specific person in charge of travel bookings, you may also be asked to provide contact details for that person.
- Travel details. You will need to provide your estimated yearly spending on flights and details of any key international locations that you or your employees regularly visit for work.
Alternatively, you can request membership by filling out an inquiry form on the Virgin Australia accelerate website. Once you submit your application, you should hear back from them in approximately seven business days.
What are the benefits of the accelerate corporate program?
Some of the most popular features of Virgin Australia's corporate travel program include the following:
- No annual fee. The program is free to join and does not charge an ongoing membership fee for business who spend up to $300,000 per year on air travel.
- Gold Velocity membership offer. Spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of your membership to receive two Velocity Pilot Gold memberships. This gives you complimentary access to Velocity Gold status and benefits for 3 months, including priority check-in, priority boarding and priority baggage. Plus, if you earn 80 Status Credits and fly in at least 1 Eligible Sector during the 3-month period, you'll be eligible for full Velocity Gold status for 12 months.
- Discounted lounge membership. Enjoy discounted annual membership to the Virgin Australia Lounge for all your employees.
- Fare Advantage flight benefits. Enjoy savings of up to 10% on Virgin Australia base fares for business class, premium economy and economy class. This includes codeshare flights with international airline partners when the flight has a VA number. Note that Fare Advantage fares are limited and you need to book through the Virgin Australia Corporate Portal, the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre or a registered travel consultant to take advantage of these offers.
- Velocity Points. You and your employees will continue to be able to earn Velocity Points and Status Credits when they fly as long as they provide their Velocity membership details.
- Travel credits. Enjoy an annual travel credit when you spend $20,000 or more on eligible flights booked through accelerate. The travel credit is based on your total annual travel spend, with 6 tiers that range from 2% for a spend of $20,000 up to 5% for a spend of $250,000.
accelerate airline partners
You can also enjoy Virgin Australia accelerate benefits with the following international partner airlines:
- Delta Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Etihad Airways
- Hong Kong Airlines
Note that to enjoy the Fare Advantage, all fares must be booked through the Virgin Australia accelerate program and include a VA flight number.
The Virgin accelerate corporate program is an ideal way for you to benefit from your time in the air and can reduce your overall business travel costs. With no joining or membership fees, the program could benefit companies whose employees regularly travel with Virgin Australia as well as with codeshare partners Delta, Virgin Atlantic, Etihad and Hong Kong Airlines.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Virgin Australia Happy Hour: Fares from $49
Here's everything you need to know when booking fares in Virgin Australia's Happy Hour sale.
The American Express Business Card
The American Express Business Card offers reliable service, a wide range of benefits, additional features, and competitive fees.
American Express Platinum Business Card
From Membership Rewards Points to savings on first and business class flights, this charge card is packed with features to help you manage business spending.
Virgin Australia’s sale is flying you across the country from $69
EXPIRED: Calling all holidaymakers! It's time to see what's up Down Under.
Diners Club Personal Card
Diners Club offers a competitive rewards program, travel and shopping perks and can be used at businesses including Coles, Woolworths and Target.
Earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia flights
Book flights through to August 2021 and earn 10 Velocity Points per $1 spent.
Tigerair officially axed: What this means for you
Farewell cheap flights – but Virgin Australia travel credits are on their way.
Virgin Australia’s future: Key meeting on 4 September
Fine print about Future Flight credits revealed.
Bain buys Virgin Australia: What does it mean for passengers?
What's happening with travel credits, frequent flyer bookings and routes?
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards June 2020
Imagine what you could do with up to 200,000 bonus points on one of these credit cards.
Ask an Expert