Spend more time in the air than in an office? Join the Virgin Accelerate Corporate program and get rewarded for your business trips.
If you’re working for a company that requires you to travel a lot for work, then you might like to consider how you could be rewarded for the hours you spend in the air. The Virgin Airlines Accelerate Corporate program is designed for smaller companies, offering discounts on flights and rewards for loyal customers.
If your company requires you to travel for work, read on to discover how you could benefit from the program.
What is Virgin Airlines Accelerate Corporate Program?
The Virgin Airlines Accelerate Corporate Program is aimed directly at small and medium businesses. Members are offered exclusive benefits that are tailored to suit the particular needs of the business market. The program offers flexible corporate air travel and quantifiable savings for the frequent flyer.
Who can join the Accelerate Corporate program?
Before you begin your application, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Australian company
- Registered with ASIC
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Your company cannot be related to the travel industry
How can I apply for the program?
There are three ways you can nominate your business to become a member of the Virgin Australia accelerate program. Firstly, you can sign up to the Accelerate program over the phone by calling 1300 246 498 and selecting Option 1. Secondly, you can get in touch with the team via email@example.com and a customer representative will be in touch to request some information and documents from you. The third option is completing the online application. There is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the program below.
How to complete the Accelerate application form
If you’ve decided to sign up for the Accelerate Corporate program by completing and submitting the application form, follow these easy steps:
Step one: Company details.
You may need to consult your business registration records to answer the following questions:
- Company name. Name of the company as recognised by the ASIC.
- Company ABN/ACN. The ABN or ACN registered to the company.
- Company website. Registered website of the company.
- Industry. The type of industry the company works in.
- Street address. Street name, city, state and postcode of the office.
Step two: Annual Flight expenditure.
You will need to have a rough calculation of the flights taken throughout one year.
- Domestic Air Travel. Total cost of domestic flights.
- International Air Travel. Total cost of international flights taken.
- North america. Cost of flights taken to North America taken throughout the year.
- Europe. Cost of flights taken to Europe taken throughout the year.
- Asia. Cost of flights taken to Asia throughout the year.
- Middle East. Cost of flights taken to the Middle East throughout the year.
- Africa. Cost of flights taken to Africa throughout the year.
Step three: Key Company Contact.
You will need to identify a member of the company to be the main contact. This might be the person who usually books or approves the flights. Confirm they give permission before listing their details. The details you’ll need to provide include:
- Name. Full name of the nominated contact.
- Position. The position held by the member of staff.
- Phone number. Best number to reach the contact.
- Email address.
Prefered email address the staff member would like to be contacted through.
Step four: Lounge benefit.
You will need to declare "yes" or "no" as to whether you would like to to take advantage of the Virgin Australia accelerate discounted rate for The Lounge.
Step five: Velocity Pilot Gold Benefit.
In this section, you can choose to nominate two company members to be upgraded to the Velocity Pilot gold membership where they will experience further benefits. You can select "no" and nominate these two positions at a later time.
Step six: Booking and payment method.
You will need to indicate your preferred method for booking flights. You can select either "book online and direct with Virgin Australia via the corporate portal" or "through a travel agent".
Step seven: Terms and conditions.
Once you’ve read the terms and conditions, confirm this by ticking the first box. You’ll also need to authorise that Virgin Australia can create a booking code on behalf of the company.
Step eight: Promo code.
If you have a promo code you will need to enter it here.
Step nine: Application submitted.
Congratulations you have submitted your application to become a member of the Virgin Australia Accelerate Corporate program! Your application will be processed and you will receive a response within approximately seven business days.Back to top
The benefits of belonging to the Accelerate Corporate program
- No annual fee. The program is free to join and will not charge an ongoing membership fee.
- Gold Velocity membership. If you spend $2,000 within the first three months you will be eligible for the Velocity Pilot gold membership.
- Account management team. The Virgin Accelerate team will provide you with an account management team to support your business and deliver monthly progress report.
- Discounted lounge membership. Discounted annual membership to the Virgin Australia Lounge for employees.
- Fare Advantage Discounts. These include savings of up to 10% on Virgin Australia base fares. Discounts may increase during special promotional periods.
- Velocity Points. Travellers will continue to be able to earn Velocity Points and Status Credits when they fly.
- Travel credits. Annual travel credits will be awarded if a minimum of $20,000 is spent on eligible flights.
What is the Pilot Program?
One of the most rewarding benefits is the Pilot Gold program. By spending $2,000 dollars within the first three months of membership, you will be eligible to nominate two employees to receive Velocity ‘Pilot Gold’ membership. You’ll be surprised how easily you could spend $2,000 within three months. A return flight to London, two return flights to Melbourne in Business class or a Premium economy return flight to LLos Angles will also cost $2,000 or more
The benefits of Velocity Pilot Gold include:
- Priority Check-in and Priority Boarding when travelling with Virgin Australia
- Access to over 150 lounges worldwide
- Premium lounge access in Sydney and Brisbane
- Premium Valet and Exit at selected airports
- Baggage allowance of 32kg
The Virgin Accelerate Corporate program is an ideal way for you to benefit from your time in the air, as well as well as reduce your businesses overall travel costs. With no joining or membership fees, the program could benefit companies who travel frequently.Back to top