Discover Vietnam from $318 return with AirAsia
Explore everything Ho Chi Minh City has to offer with AirAsia.
AirAsia has your 2020 travel plans sorted with these airfares to Vietnam starting from $318 return. With an array of things to do from kayaking on the Mekong Delta to taking a guided tour of the Cu Chi tunnels, there's an adventure for every type of traveller. We found the cheapest airfares fly out from Perth to Ho Chi Minh City with a stopover in Kuala Lumpur.
If you happen to be travelling from Perth, the cheapest flights can be found from early to late April 2020. If it's the annual family holiday you're planning, these airfares fall perfectly in line with the school holidays. You'll be flying via Kuala Lumpur, with a total stop-over time of two hours so no need to pack those books in your carry-on. We found some flights that do require self check-in, which means upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur you'll have to check in again.
Don't live in Perth but still want to get in on these airfares? We've got you covered with flights from Darwin to Ho Chi Minh City starting from $376 return with Jetstar.
Some other highlighted deals:
- Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City from $392
- Gold Coast to Ho Chi Minh City from $393
- Sydney to Ho Chi Minh City from $397
- Brisbane to Ho Chi Minh City from $575
If Vietnam has been on your bucket list for a while, then head straight over to Skyscanner to lock in your tickets.
These prices aren't part of any particular sale, so airfares will be available until they are sold out.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. Typical prices that depart from Australia to Vietnam are around $700 return, with a great saving coming in at $500. So grabbing these airfares for as low as $318 means you get to spend your money where it really counts.
- Airline: Good. AirAsia is a low-cost airline so in-flight meals, entertainment and checked baggage are not included with these airfares. However, you can add any of these add-ons and more for an extra fee. Some of the flights listed above fly with other low-cost airlines, which still provide the same onboard experience.
- Travel time: Great. Most airfares flying out to Ho Chi Minh City do have a stop-over in Kuala Lumpur but connection times are on average, around two hours. Flights from Melbourne and Sydney do have the option to fly direct.
- Weather: Great. These airfares align perfectly with the driest months in Vietnam. The best time to travel is between March and April, where humidity and rain is at a minimum and crowds are not at a peak.
- The three-step plan to reopen Australia: What you can and can’t do
- Airlines, cruises and tours waive change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus [Updated]
- Australians advised not to travel: What to know [Updated]
- Travelling during coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know [Updated]
- What to know if your travels are affected by the domestic travel ban