Verve Super: Performance, features and fees
Verve Super is an ethical super fund designed by women for women and open to all Australians to join.
Verve Super is an ethical super fund created with Australian women in mind. It's the first super fund to only invest in companies that have at least one woman on the board.
Verve Super offers one investment option, Verve Super Balanced, which strives for strong long-term returns while excluding investments in industries such as fossil fuels, tobacco and live animal export.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Annual fees on $50k balance
|Product Name||Verve Super Balanced|
|Past performance - 5 Years||N/A|
|Annual admin fee||$93.60 + 0.775% of balance p.a.|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to June 2021, according to Verve Super. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Key features of Verve Super
- Created with women in mind. Verve Super only invests in companies with at least one woman on the board.
- Financial support. Members can access financial coaching and support sessions. This can include superannuation coaching, but also divorce and separation, career coaching and negotiation and family financial planning.
- Support for new parents. Verve Super offers fee rebates for new parents, and reduced admin fees for members with low account balances.
- Ethical investment. The fund excludes investments in fossil fuels, tobacco, live animal export and other industries deemed harmful to the planet and our community. Instead, Verve Super actively invests in renewable energy, companies with mixed-gender boards, recycling and education.
- One investment option. Verve Super Balanced is the one investment option offered by the fund. This product invests in a mix of growth and defensive assets.
- Insurance is available. Death cover, death and total & permanent disability (TPD) cover, and income protection cover is available on an opt-in basis.
Verve Super investment options
Verve Super Balanced is the only investment option available with this fund.
|Verve Super Balanced|
|Risk level||High risk (level 6). This estimates between 4 and less than 6 negative annual returns over any 20-year period.|
|Suitable for||Investors who want a balanced investment mix of growth assets (such as shares) and defensive assets (such as fixed interest). This fund will also suit people wanting to invest their super more ethically.|
|Minimum suggested investment timeframe||4-6 years.|
|Target asset allocation|
|Industries that the fund avoids investments in|
|Industries that the fund actively seeks investments in|
|Past performance||Past 1-year performance: 12.85% to June 2021.|
Verve Super's Balanced investment option commenced in November 2018.
Verve Super fees
Verve Super Balanced charges the following fees to members:
Admin fee: $93.60 + 0.775% of your balance per year
Indirect cost ratio, including investment fees: 0.42% of your balance per year (this includes an investment fee of 0.3%)
Total fees if your balance is $50,000: $691.10 for the year
If your account balance is lower than $5,000, you won't be charged the annual admin fee of $96.60. Members can also apply for the annual admin fee to be refunded for a period of up to 12 months after becoming a new parent.
How to join Verve Super
You can join Verve Super by completing the membership form on the fund's website. It'll take around 10-20 minutes, and you'll need to provide the following:
- Your personal details, including your name, address, date of birth and contact information
- Your Tax File Number (you do not have to give your super fund your TFN, but if your fund doesn't have your TFN, it won't be able to accept certain types of contributions from you and your benefit payments may be taxed at a higher rate than would otherwise apply)
- Details of your current super fund, if you'd like to roll your super over into your new Verve Super account