Venice package deals for September 2020
Romance, splendour, history and wonder: Venice will capture your heart and your imagination.
Perched on a series of islands within the Venetian Lagoon in northeast Italy, this floating city is packed to the brim with culture, craftsmanship, fine art, stunning vistas and gravity-defying architecture.
In winter, Carnevale di Venezia sets the city ablaze with elaborate masks, flamboyant costumes and never-ending parties. And in summer, crowds flock to the sun-glazed waters and canal-side tavernas. Whether you come for the shopping, the culture, the seaside vibes, the cuisine, the history, the art or the carnival, Venice has year-round appeal.
Latest Venice package deals
Fast facts about Venice
Where is it? Venice is in northeastern Italy, on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.
How do I get there? No direct flights are available to Italy from Australia. However, the trip can be done with one connection from major cities and the journey takes approximately 20-27 hours, depending on which city in Asia or the Middle East you’re connecting through.
When should I go? Visit Venice between February and April to avoid the crowds and the summer heat.
What should I do?
- Experience Carnevale, Venice’s biggest festival
- Watch a Murano glass master at work.
- Visit Ca’ Rezzonico museum and the Doge’s Palace.
- Stroll along the Piazza San Marco.
- Marvel at the Basilica San Marco.
- Shop at the markets on the Rialto Bridge.
- Take a gondola ride through the canals.
- Take a day trip to an island.
- Watch an opera at Teatro La Fenice.
- Savour the local seafood.
Ask an Expert