Transfer your partner rewards and score 15% bonus Velocity Points
Get more value when you exchange your reward points from partnered credit card, hotel and flybuys accounts this month.
If you’ve been hoarding your credit card, hotel or flybuys rewards, now might be the time to swap them for frequent flyer points. Until 30 November 2018, you’ll get 15% bonus Velocity Points when you transfer your partnered reward points to your frequent flyer account.
Some of the eligible partners include big brands like flybuys, American Express, NAB Rewards and Marriott Rewards. You can check out the full list of included programs below:
Credit card partners
- Australian American Express Card Members (including David Jones American Express Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program)
- ANZ Rewards and ANZ Business Rewards
- Citibank Citi Rewards
- Diners Club Rewards
- Bank of Queensland Q Rewards (Platinum credit card holders only)
- Suncorp Bank Rewards
- Card Services Rewards
- HSBC Rewards (Platinum and Premier credit card holders only)
- NAB Rewards
- Accor Hotels
- The Ritz -Carlton Rewards
- Marriott Rewards
- SPG Starwood Preferred Guest
- Choice Hotels
There is no registration involved, just transfer your points as you would normally by the end of November to get the bonus points. The bonus Velocity Points are calculated as a percentage of the base number of Velocity Points you receive once you convert your partner reward points into Velocity Points. This means that you won't receive extra points if you're in a higher Velocity Status tier.
Most credit card loyalty programs offer less than 1 Velocity Point per 1 reward point, so these bonus points promotions are an easy way to get more value from your card, flybuys or hotel rewards. For example, you’d usually get 870 Velocity Points if you transferred 2,000 flybuys points. If you transfer by the end of November, you’ll get 1,000.5 frequent flyer points when you transfer the same number of flybuys points. You can use our flybuys to Velocity Points calculator to compare the number of points you'd usually get.
While Velocity doesn’t impose any minimum transfer amounts, the partnered rewards programs may have their own restrictions. For example, the typical minimum 2,000 flybuys points applies while the promotion is in place. Once you’ve transferred the points, you can expect the bonus in your account within 72 hours.
This is the latest Velocity transfer promotion since its massive 40% bonus points offer that was launched in May and ended in June earlier this year.
THE POINTS FINDER TAKE
This bonus points deal may not be as big as the last transfer offer, but it’s still an easy way to get more value from your points if you’re looking to top up your Velocity account.
- Qantas and Jetstar accelerate restart for flights to Singapore, Fiji and more
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- Massive $99 Qantas Australia-wide sale: Our hot picks
- $75 Virgin sale slashes prices on Queensland flights
- Points travel is back, how can you earn more points?