Interested in a credit card that offers airport lounge access through Véloce? Read this guide to learn about the program and how you can get complimentary lounge entry with an eligible card.
Véloce Lounges is an international service focused on providing VIP airport experiences for its members. The company is based in Dubai, and boasts over 100 airport lounges and outlets around the world.
Currently, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black and ANZ Rewards Black cards both offer complimentary airport lounge access through Véloce. This guide looks at the details of the program and how you can use an ANZ black credit card to gain entry and enjoy the luxury when you travel.
How does the Véloce credit card program work?
If you have a credit card that’s linked to Véloce, you can gain access to the company’s network of exclusive lounges in airports all around the world. This allows you to wait for your next flight in style, with lounge services and features often including Wi-Fi, business centres, lounges and complimentary refreshments. Some airport lounges may even include beds, showers or spa services.
With all of these facilities, and the benefit of a space outside the main airport waiting areas, lounges have become popular with business travellers and anyone with a long wait between connecting flights. While you may already have lounge access through a frequent flyer membership, Véloce could give you more options when you’re travelling with different airlines.
Accessing Véloce lounges with a credit card
Unlike other independent airport lounge programs, such as Priority Pass, you don’t need an additional membership card to gain access to a participating Véloce lounge. Instead, you just need to provide lounge staff with the following:
- Your eligible credit card
- A current and valid flight boarding pass in the same name as the eligible card
Once your details have been verified, you’ll be welcomed into the lounge. It’s worth noting that participating lounges reserve the right to deny complimentary entry if the credit card has expired, is in a different name to that on your travel ticket or if there is another valid reason they believe you are not an eligible cardholder. The list of participating lounges may also change at any time, so it’s a good idea to check eligible lounges before your trip to avoid disappointment.
What lounges can I gain access to through Véloce?
The range of lounges available through Véloce may vary depending on your card and is subject to change. You can view current lounges using the following steps:
- Go to www.Véloceloungesoutlets.com.
- Register as a new user by providing your name, contact details and the first six digits of your eligible credit card.
- Log in with the details provided and follow the prompts to discover participating airport lounges.
Once you’re registered with your eligible credit card details, you can download the Véloce app to help you find lounges before or during your travels.
Other key details of the Véloce Lounge program
Below are some other factors to keep in mind when considering the Véloce Lounge program.
- Véloce membership. At present you can only gain Véloce membership with an eligible credit card, such as the ANZ Rewards Black or Frequent Flyer Black.
- Guest lounge access. If you’re travelling with a guest (or guests), they may be able to gain entry to the lounge for an additional fee. However, entry for guests is at the lounge operator’s discretion.
- Additional cardholders. Both ANZ Rewards Black and Frequent Flyer Black credit cards offer complimentary Véloce access to additional cardholders. However, both of these products also apply an annual fee of $65 per additional cardholder.
- Lounge rules. Participating lounges are owned and operated by third parties and have their own rules and policies that you must agree to and obey. Operators reserve the right to deny entry or remove any person from a participating lounge if they do not obey the applicable rules and policies.
- Participating lounges. The list of participating lounges may be updated at any time, and the lounges you may access can vary depending on your credit card.
- Program changes. Both Véloce Lounges and your credit card provider may make changes to the terms and conditions of the program. This makes it important to check the terms and conditions available through your credit card provider, as well as on the Véloce website.
- ANZ Frequent Flyer and Rewards Black disclaimer. Note that for ANZ Frequent Flyer Black and Rewards Black cards, ANZ disclaims any liability (including for consequential damages) with respect to type, quality, standard or fitness or suitability for any purpose of the services offered by any participating lounge. It also says it is not liable for any inability to access a participating lounge or any of the services typically offered by a participating lounge, or for removal from a participating lounge, caused by circumstances beyond ANZ’s control.
- Credit card terms and conditions. You may not be eligible to gain complimentary access to Véloce lounges if you don’t follow your credit card’s terms and conditions of use. For example, if you had an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card and didn’t make a payment by the due date on your statement, your complimentary airport lounge access could be suspended until you settle the account.
The Véloce program can give you access to a broader range of airport lounges when you travel with an eligible credit card, such as the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black or Rewards Black. As there is a range of other Australian credit cards that also offer complimentary airport lounge access, it’s worth comparing a few options to make the most of this type of travel perk.
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top