Are you a full-fledged vegetarian or someone who wants to eat more plant-based foods? Don’t want the stress of thinking ahead and planning new dishes? Sign up to one of the vegetarian meal delivery services below to save yourself time and (possibly) money.
Délidoor cooks delicious and healthy prepared meals (no preservatives, no added sugar, no nasties) that are delivered frozen to your home saving you real-time on prepping and cooking. They support busy people who don't always have time to cook every night of the week and need a good, affordable and convenient back-up solution. Choose from 60+ meals including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and kids options.
- First-time customer offer: Special offer of 30% discount on first purchase
- Available in: Sydney
- Special dietary requirements: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Led by founder Tom Rutledge, a former finalist on MasterChef Australia, HelloFresh has become a household name across the nation. It delivers quality ingredients and recipe cards straight to your door so you can whip up a quick meal without any food wastage. It's a flexible, no-lock in plan with mostly free delivery.
- First-time customer offer: Get $80 off your first four boxes.
- Available in: Across Australia mainland (not currently shipping to Tasmania)
- Special dietary requirements: Vegetarian
Inspire the everyday chef in you with a Marley Spoon box containing top-quality, seasonal ingredients and recipes designed by a chef and approved by a nutritionist. Select from a two or four-person box and the number of meals you want per week. The service has 27 recipes on the menu each week including vegetarian, vegan, family-friendly and healthy food options.
- First-time customer offer: Save $100 off your first four boxes: $40 off your first meal kit, $30 off second, $20 off third, and $10 off your fourth.
- Available in: Sydney, Melbourne, Central Coast, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Launceston
- Special dietary requirements: Dairy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Reduced carb, No added gluten
A Western Australian service, Home Chef began as a small family business in 1984 to help time-poor people and those recuperating from illness. You can choose between 5 or more pre-prepared meals with costs starting at $52.50, or $47 as a concession rate. Pureed meals cost extra.
- Available in: WA
- Special dietary requirements: Gluten-free, Soft texture, Vegetarian
Pepper Leaf offers seasonal, sustainable meal kits and recipes that can be customised to your desired quantity and dietary requirements. Its vegetarian box starts at $61.90 per week inclusive of free seasonal fruit with your first two orders. You will be cooking dishes such as chickpea and zucchini farfalle, curry cauliflower fritters and almond and cabbage slaw with soba noodles.
- Available in: Sydney, ACT, NSW, VIC, SA, Melbourne, Central Coast, Newcastle, Adelaide, Wollongong, Canberra, Mornington Peninsula, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo
- Special dietary requirements: Vegan, Vegetarian
Latest deals for vegetarian meal kits
How should I choose my vegetarian meals to still get iron and protein?
Consult your doctor, dietician or nutritionist on the types of food you should eat to meet your iron and protein goals. Some foods to help achieve these goals include red meat, seafood and beans for iron and eggs, oats and chicken breast for protein. Marley Spoon and HelloFresh let you choose your vegetarian meals based on the ingredients listed in their weekly options.
Are the vegetarian meal options cheaper than meals with meat?
No. The prices are mostly decided on the number of meals you order. These are generally comparable in price to non-vegetarian ingredients. For example, Marley Spoon adds enough rich sources of vegetarian proteins to your meal to equal its meat alternative.
How many vegetarian meal options are available from these companies?Marley Spoon
offers the widest range of vegetarian meal options with up to 17 of its 27 weekly offerings catering to vegetarians. HelloFresh
offers five vegetarian meal options weekly. Pepper Leaf has three vegetarian recipes and Home Chef offers nine.
Do these companies prepare the vegetarian meals on the same production line as meat products?
All of these companies have put a disclaimer on their website that states they can’t guarantee the absence of cross contamination.