Vaya ups data on its mobile plans
Vaya's L and XL plans get a free data boost.
MVNO Vaya has long secured its positioning as a value-centric mobile provider, with a particular focus on its price beat guarantee, which challenges consumers to find a better deal, at which point Vaya will not only match it, but also throw in a free month's access. It's a somewhat limited guarantee because it specifically excludes "promotional" pricing, but the presence of the guarantee does at least keep Vaya on its toes in a general value sense.
Vaya has just announced improvements to its $26/month L and $36/month XL plans that bumps up the data by 1GB for the L plan and 2GB for the XL plan. That gives you 4GB and 10GB per month to use as you see fit, along with unlimited standard national calls and texts. Optionally you can add 200 international calling minutes to either plan for an additional $2.
The data upgrade also applies to Vaya's 12 month plans, dropping the effective monthly price to $24 or $33 per month as long as you're happy to stump up $288 or $396 upfront respectively.
We're seeing a lot of competition in the budget phone space recently, even including Vaya parent amaysim cutting its own SIM-only prices for selected deals.
Interested in Vaya's plan pricing? Here's how it compares:
- 3 tips to manage this year’s holiday credit card spending
- ASIC cracks down on risky online investments: What you need to know
- Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
- Bushfire blindness: 6 million Australians close to bushland not ready for fires
- Finder’s RBA survey: Cash rate holds but rents could rise as much as 9.5% in 2024
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals