With its public art, small bars, enviable coffee culture and natural wonders, the cultural hub that is Perth is fast securing its spot in the hearts of Valentine's Day holiday-makers.
Perth might be one of the most isolated city in the world and the population is still small for a capital city - flirting just shy of the two-million mark - but its wealth of activities coupled with its air of tranquillity is the ideal formula for fun and romance.
And let's not forget, when in Perth you're pretty much guaranteed sunshine for your whole stay.
8 romantic things to do in Perth that are actually still bookable on Valentines Day
11 other things to do in Perth on Valentines Day
- See the coast at sunset: Cruise the waters of Fremantle en route to Carnac Island and snuggle into one another's arms as you witness the sun kiss the horizon.
- Discover the secret life of Perth: You could wander the streets in search of the ultimate small bar for your personalities, or you could enlist an expert's opinion to speed up the process. Totally up to you.
- Enjoy a lunch cruise down the Swan River: Doubling down doesn't get easier than this. Secure your seat for a magical afternoon of culinary delights and city sights.
- Tandem skydive over Perth: Stop procrastinating and skydive over your city with your loved one beside you.
- Take a day trip to Rottnest Island: Spend a whole day sailing, exploring pristine bays and walking along secluded beaches.
- Be different with a Pinnacles Desert day tour: Adventurous couples seeking thrills and spills will love this to the Pinnacles Desert. There's even a spot of sandboarding in your future.
- Have a picnic in King's Park: Simply enjoy each other's company in the sunshine. Pack a romantic picnic meal, lay down the picnic rug and the perfect Valentine's Day is complete.
- Go star gazing: Perth Observatory is one of the oldest, continuously operating observatory in Australia. If the sky is clear this will set the scene for an evening of sweet romance.
- Be kids in Adventure World: We had to throw a fun one in there, because the IS nothing better than reliving your childhood with your best friend.
- Take a romantic walk on the beach: It's a cliche, but it is very much romantic. Cottlesloe is a constant fave for the locals and tourists.
- Drive the wine region: Hire a car and drive into the sunset. Well, not literally. It's more like drive south toward Margaret River and Pemberton. Take the long, scenic coastline way and really make a trip of it.
Perth Restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
Romantic stays in Perth for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day gifts for her
Even if you've bought her a trip to Perth or an adventure inside Perth, she's still going to appreciate a physical gift from you. Here are some ideas.
Valentine's Day gifts for him
Your man deserve a treat, too. And we've found some pretty good ones if we do say so ourselves. Here are a few, or why not check out our Valentine's Day Gift Guide for Men for a full selection?
Valentine's Day Deals
Valentine Package, Starting from IDR 2,380,000nett/ room for 2 nights - Swiss-Belinn Legian, Bali
Enjoy Valentine Package, Starting from IDR 2,380,000nett/ room for 2 nights - Swiss-Belinn Legian, Bali. Offer valid for stays 11 – 16 February 2017,Min. Stay 2 nights.
Up to 57% off fragrances: Aromatic Valentine's Day
Get up to 57% off fragrances with Cosme-De.com's Aromatic Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Special Service
Send a secret message card to your loved ones with any purchase. Order now and receive it before Valentine's Day.
FREE Valentine's gift box
Get a free Valentine's gift box when you spend US$159 or more at Cosme-De.com. Limited quantities available (1000 boxes). While stocks last.
Free express delivery for orders over $25
Get free express delivery for orders over $25 at Surfstitch. Within Australia only.