With its public art, small bars, enviable coffee culture and natural wonders, the cultural hub that is Perth is fast securing its spot in the hearts of Valentine's Day and holiday-makers.
Perth might be one of the most isolated city in the world and the population is still small for a capital city - flirting just shy of the two-million mark - but its wealth of activities coupled with its air of tranquillity is the ideal formula for fun and romance.
And let's not forget, when in Perth you're pretty much guaranteed sunshine for your whole stay.
11 romantic things to do in Perth on Valentines Day or date-night
11 other things to do in Perth on Valentines Day
- Watch the sunset from Perth's pristine beaches while snuggled into one another's arms as you witness the sun kiss the horizon.
- Wander through Perth's laneways and streets in search of the ultimate small bar for a cosy beverage or two.
- Treat yourselves to a spa day without ever leaving the house and order in a massage and facial.
- Enjoy a lunch cruise down the Swan River: Doubling down doesn't get easier than this. Secure your seat for a magical afternoon of culinary delights and city sights.
- Tandem skydive over Perth: Stop procrastinating and skydive over your city with your loved one beside you.
- Take a day trip to Rottnest Island: Spend a whole day exploring pristine bays, snorkelling in clear waters, and walking along secluded beaches.
- Have a picnic in King's Park: Simply enjoy each other's company in the sunshine. Pack a romantic picnic meal, lay down the picnic rug and the perfect Valentine's Day is complete.
- Go star gazing: Perth Observatory is one of the oldest, continuously operating observatory in Australia. If the sky is clear this will set the scene for an evening of sweet romance.
- Be kids in Adventure World: We had to throw a fun one in there, because the IS nothing better than reliving your childhood with your best friend.
- Take a romantic walk on the beach: It's a cliche, but it is very much romantic. Cottlesloe is a constant fave for the locals and tourists.
- Drive the wine region: Hire a car and drive into the sunset. Well, not literally. It's more like drive south toward Margaret River or Busselton. Take the long, scenic coastline way and really make a trip of it.
Perth Restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
1. Rockpool Bar & Grill | Crown Perth, Burswood
Neil Perry's brand of steakhouses and signature steaks is sure to impress any meat-loving date.
Sourced from some of Australia's best beef producers, the hearty meals are impressive.
As is the setting: a warning dining room space complete with wood fire grill and over 1000 wines from Australia-wide to match.
08 6252 1900
2. Opus Restaurant | 32 Richardson St, West Perth
Double down on Valentine's Day and book a room in The Richardson Hotel & Spa before sauntering down into its bespoke restaurant for a special Valentine's Day meal.
In 2017, Opus hosted a Valentine's Day meals for $150pp. We'll drink to that.
08 9217 8880 | email@example.com
3. 1907 - Alleyway | 26 Queens Street, Perth
Historical surroundings meets Hollywood glamour at 1907. Previously a rag factory, this 100 year old building has since been turned into a glamorous affair with luxury dining.
The fare is of the highest quality, with much of the produce sourced from their very own farm (yes, the restaurant has it's own farm!) and as for presentation? Well, we think the picture speaks for itself. Absolutely divine.
In 2017, Valentine's Day was be met with a $160pp degustation menu.
08 9436 0233 | firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Petite Mort | 225 Onslow Rd, Shenton Pk
If the name isn't already a dead giveaway as to what sort of cuisine you're in for tonight, then we don't know what is.It's French, by the way. But not as you know it.
Petite Mort follows a small plate philosophy, divulging in either an 3 course meal or an 8 or 10 degustation delight. This not only provides variety, but an undeniably unique experience. Bon apetit!
08 9338 0331 | email@example.com
5. Co-op Dining | 2/11 Regel Pl, East Perth
Those with a passion for economically sustainable food will fall in love with Co-op Dining. As always, this is a one-in-a-lifetime experience, so it's best paired with your best mate (aka your soul mate).
The food is wildly foraged from Western Australia and is either organic or biodynamic and the venture makes its own dairy products (from that sustainable produce).
The plates run many with your choice of 5 or 10 course delights and the wine flows from the best in local and up-and-coming producers.
08 9221 0404 | firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Divido | 170 Scarborough Bch Rd, Mt Hawthorn
Celebrate Valentine's Day with one of the most passionate cultures in the world: the Italians.
This casual diner has been serving up plates of mama's finest since 2005 and doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon. It's simple, it's honest, it's rustic and it's made with love. Yeah, we said it. Because it's true.
In 2017, as a special treat V-Day was marked with a set 3-course menu with complimentary side of 6-course degustation.
08 9443 7373 | email@example.com