Valentine's Day might be over for the year but if you're looking for ideas for next year or are simply searching for romantic ideas, you've come to the right place.
We've got dozens of fun, sweet and unique ideas for special dates and celebrations. Keep scrolling for all the best ways to impress in Melbourne this year.
15 things to do in Melbourne for romantic dates
13 more romantic things to do in Melbourne
- Might sound touristy, but there's nothing unromantic about a sunset cruise with dinner and views of Melbourne off the decks.
- Try an adrenalin rush and swim with the sharks at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium.
- Fact: girls go gaga over a horse drawn carriage ride. Every time.
- Speaking of gaga, a night at the theatre inside a mansion will also set their hearts aflutter.
- Or an evening under the stars watching a play by William Shakespeare in the Royal Botanic Gardens. That works, too.
- Tourist attraction is might be, but there's still nothing more adorable than seeing little penguins on a trip round Phillip Island.
- Drive the Great Ocean Road. If you haven't done it yet, you're missing out. And if you have done it already, then you'll know it's worth doing again
- Take on a different view of the city with a skydive over the beach.
- But if a skydive is a little too extreme for your liking, you can also nab a similar view from the comfort of a helicopter. From the front seat, naturally.
- There aren't too many circumstances where you'll find yourself in a hot air balloon floating over the Yarra Valley, but Valentine's Day? Yeah, that should be one.
- And don't forget, you're not a veteran water baby until you've tackled kiteboarding at St Kilda Beach.
- Every year, without fail, the Shimmer Lands cinema hosts a special Valentine's Day movie for lovebirds. The movie of choice will be released closer to the date.
- Lastly for something simple, affordable and romantic, there's a trip round Melbourne's Star Observation Wheel.
Melbourne restaurants for a Valentine's Day and romantic dinners
Romantic stays in Melbourne for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day gifts for her
The surprises should keep coming on Valentine's Day. So end yours with a 'Happy Valentine's Day, dear' present. You could give her something fun to match her personality, or something gorgeous to match her eyes. If these don't work, we've got more ideas for you here.
Valentine's Day gifts for him
Don't you feel guilty that your man is splashing all this cash on you and you're just... accepting it? Yeah, we don't either, but hell, we'll indulge him today. There's more indulgent gift ideas where these have come from. Here's proof.
Valentine's Day Deals
Valentine's Day is over for 2017, so we've included romantic gift deals you can get right now below - because why should you only celebrate your love on Valentine's Day?
Show code & visit siteFA****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteVD****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code