Stop searching for Valentine's Day ideas because we've found the most unique and fun ones here.
14 February is the day of love on calendars around the world and if you're stuck for ideas to impress, we've got your back.
From tried-and-true dinners and cruises to fun, sweet and out-of-the-ordinary ideas, here's our pick of what you can get up to in Melbourne on and around Valentine's Day.
What would you like to do this Valentine's Day in Melbourne?
Japanese Teppanyaki experience for two from RedBalloon
See the views of Yarra River whilst having a 9-course traditional Japanese Teppanyaki at Kobe Jones.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Location: G16/18/38 Siddeley St, Docklands
- Cost: $190 for two
5-course dinner with sparkling at The Baths Middle Brighton Restaurant and Cafe for 2 from RedBalloon
Tick The Baths Middle Brighton Restaurant off your bucket-list in style with this 5-course dinner for two - with the view of Port Phillip Bay and the city as your background.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Location: 251 Esplanade, Brighton
- Cost: $260 for two
Dinner for two at The Meat and Wine Co. in Southbank from RedBalloon
Spend the evening in the city sharing a hearty steakhouse meal that's sure to make your mouth water with its premium meat cuts and wine.
- Location: Freshwater Place Queensbridge Square, 3 Queens Bridge St, Southbank
- Cost: $149 for two
Rice Paper Sister chef's menu with wine and dessert for 2 from RedBalloon
This deal has delicious bites with all the trimmings. Located in the trendy Hardware Lane, it's a special treat that sees Rice Paper Sisters' chef Ross Magnaye deliver you his favourite dishes off the menu, including dessert and perfectly paired wine.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Location: 15 Hardware Lane, Melbourne
- Cost: $163 for two
Chocolate high tea for 2 at Ganache Chocolate from RedBalloon
Appease that sweet tooth with Ganache's signature chocolate high tea. It comes with your choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Opt for the chocolate, we dare you.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Location: 250 Toorak Rd, South Yarra
- Cost: $100 for two
Ferrero Rocher shake for 2 at Phat Stacks Eatery from RedBalloon
Bring your appetite and your Instagram game for a 24K Gold Ferrero Rocher shake at Phat Stacks Eatery. Make it a dessert date or dessert after a larger meal. They're both great options.
- Location: Phat Stacks Burger Bar, 736 Burke Rd, Camberwell
- Cost: $48 for two people (one shake each)
IceBar Melbourne entry + cocktail and ice shot from Adrenaline
It's a novelty but one that Valentine's Day dates are made of as you experience arctic temps of minus 10 degrees at the coolest place in town.
- Location: IceBar Melbourne, 319 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
- Cost: $59 per person
Scenic helicopter flight tour over Melbourne from RedBalloon
Take to the skies with your loved one in tow as you see the city from above with this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Duration: 18-22 minutes
- Location: Essendon Fields Airport
- Cost: $169 per person
Melbourne Sunset Kayak Tour from Viator
Enjoy a 2.5 hour sunset kayak tour packed with your very own snacks and bottled water.
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Location: Victoria Harbour
- Cost: $99 per person
Cinema experience with drink and popcorn for 2 from RedBalloon
We love a good movie date and this one includes tickets, popcorn and soft drinks for two. Now all you need to do is choose your movie.
- Location: Event, Greater Union, GU Film House, BCC and Village Cinemas
- Cost: $71.40 for two
Melbourne carriage tour from RedBalloon
This is the ultimate romantic date. Sure, it's a little cheesy but in truth you'll feel exactly like royalty with this horse drawn carriage ride through Melbourne's Queen Victoria Gardens and the National Gallery.
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Location: Pick-up near Queen Victoria Gardens
- Cost: $80 per ride
BBQ Mexican cooking class in Hawthorn from Adrenaline
Say ole’ with this fabulous menu which includes a Margarita on arrival and will teach you a range of delicious BBQ Mexican favourites. It has all the makings of a great interactive date.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Location: Beer Deluxe, 329 Burwood Road, Hawthorn
- Cost: $125 per person
Chocolate making class at Sissy's Chocolates, Blackburn from Adrenaline
This chocolate-making workshop is almost as sweet as your significant other. It'll teach you how to make a box full of chocolates to take home.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Location: 7 Canterbury Rd, Blackburn
- Cost: $150 per person
Relaxation spa package at a1 Skin from RedBalloon
Opt for a pamper date this Valentine's Day at a1Skin. This deal gives you a choice of two relaxing and soothing treatments from facials, mani, pedi or massages to de-stress and unwind. Give this one as a gift or double down for a couples spa day out.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Location: a1 skin, 264 Coventry Street, South Melbourne
- Cost: $180 per person
2 or 3 night stay at the The Riversleigh from Luxury Escapes
Escape the city grind and unwind on the historic Riversleigh for a few days over the Valentine's Day week. You know you want to.
- Includes: Daily breakfast, one afternoon tea, a bottle of wine and one complimentary entree at the Loft Restaurant. Cost: $249 per room
Overnight stay at The Cullen from RedBalloon
It's one of the most famous hotels in the city so when you're choosing a hotel for a staycation, it really can't be beat. Treat yourself.
- Includes: Delicious hot breakfast and late check-out until 1pm
- Cost: $279 per room
2, 3 or 5 night getaway at the adult's on Blue Cliffs Retreat from Groupon
You read right, this is an adults-only retreat. It's the perfect excuse to send the kids to the grandparents or to chillax and hightail it away from the rest of the world. Happy Valentine's Day to you.
- Includes: Two-night Dusk Spa Villa stay with daily light morning snack and late check-out.
- Cost: $475 for a 2-night mid-week stay. Weekend and longer stays available.
Low-key ideas for Valentine's Day in Melbourne
- Chill out at the Riverside Garden Pop-up to sweeping views of the Yarra.
- If you haven't already, take the time to visit the Illuminate Laneway Festival. It's the stuff that Instagram was made for.
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year at The Crown which is hosting a special ArtVo exhibit until 17 February.
- Do things a little differently and catch a Valentine's Vaudeville performance at Speakeasy HQ.
Bag a bargain on Valentine's Day with these deals:
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|16 Apr 2019||Up to 67% off + extra $15 off with code||EXT****|
|15 Apr 2019||$30 off activities and experiences||SUM****|
|9 Apr 2019||Up to 50% off experiences + extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
|28 May 2019||Rugby sale: Extra $5 off Japan activities and experiences with code||AUR****|
|22 May 2019||$10 off zoo entries across Australia||FIN****|