10 things to do in Melbourne that are actually still bookable on Valentine's Day
How will you be spending February 14th?
Another 13 romantic things to do in Melbourne
- Might sound touristy, but there's nothing unromantic about a sunset cruise with dinner and views of Melbourne off the decks.
- Try an adrenalin rush and swim with the sharks at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium.
- Fact: girls go gaga over a horse drawn carriage ride. Every time.
- Speaking of gaga, a night at the theatre inside a mansion will also set their hearts aflutter.
- Or an evening under the stars watching a play by William Shakespeare in the Royal Botanic Gardens. That works, too.
- Tourist attraction is might be, but there's still nothing more adorable than seeing little penguins on a trip round Phillip Island.
- Drive the Great Ocean Road. If you haven't done it yet, you're missing out. And if you have done it already, then you'll know it's worth doing again
- Take on a different view of the city with a skydive over the beach.
- But if a skydive is a little too extreme for your liking, you can also nab a similar view from the comfort of a helicopter. From the front seat, naturally.
- There aren't too many circumstances where you'll find yourself in a hot air balloon floating over the Yarra Valley, but Valentine's Day 2016? Yeah, that should be one.
- And don't forget, you're not a veteran water baby until you've tackled kiteboarding at St Kilda Beach.
- Every year, without fail, the Shadow Electric cinema hosts a special Valentine's Day movie for lovebirds. 2016 is giving you When Harry Met Sally.
- Lastly for something simple, affordable and romantic, there's a trip round Melbourne's Star Observation Wheel.
Melbourne restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
Romantic stays in Melbourne for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day gifts for her
The surprises should keep coming on Valentine's Day. So end yours with a 'Happy Valentine's Day, dear' present. You could give her something fun to match her personality, or something gorgeous to match her eyes. If these don't work, we've got more ideas for you here.
Valentine's Day gifts for him
Don't you feel guilty that your man is splashing all this cash on you and you're just... accepting it? Yeah, we don't either, but hell, we'll indulge him today. There's more indulgent gift ideas where these have come from. Here's proof.
Valentine's Day Deals
Free express delivery for orders over $25
Get free express delivery for orders over $25 at Surfstitch. Within Australia only.