Are you in Hobart for Valentine's Day? Here are 34 ways to celebrate.
From dinners to city escapes to hotel rooms to nice (and naughty) gifts, we've looked at Valentine's Day in Hobart every which way. Indulging in a degustation? We got that. Getting sweaty in the great outdoors? We got that, too. Booking a hotel room in Hobart's city center? We've got some top notch suggestions.
Scroll through to see our top picks of what to do on Valentine's Day - or any other day of the year you plan to treat your significant other. (Wink.)
8 romantic ideas for Valentine's Day or date-night
11 other romantic things to do in Hobart for Valentine's Day
- Cruise down the Cataract Gorge and through the beautiful Tamar Valley and have lunch or a morning tea onboard.
- Experience the thrill of an adrenalin rush by going yacht racing at twilight on a 62 foot maxi ocean racer.
- Experience a scenic flight and boat trip through Tasmania's South West National Park.
- Book a luxury Tasmanian getaway for two in Stanley, a 2.5 hour drive from Launceston. Includes a bottle of Tasmanian sparkling wine, of course.
- Treat yourselves a luxurious weekend getaway at Tasmania's only five star hotel and make the most of the wine cellar, infinity pool, salon and gourmet breakfasts.
- Visit Salamanca Markets for the food, music, arts & crafts, friendly banter, village atmosphere and – let's face it – one of the best coffees in Tasmania.
- Climb Mount Wellington. There's nothing that brings two people closer together like getting an adrenaline rush by achieving something incredible. Say, climbing a mountain.
- Or cycle back down Mount Wellington. The Mt Wellington Descent Cycling team will ferry you up the mountain and you can spend the day cycling back down through the scenic countryside.
- Visit MONA. There's a reason this much-famed art gallery slash museum attracts visitors Australia-wide. Spend the day in the Berriedale peninsula and find out why for yourself.
- Catch a show at the Theatre Royal.
- Hike together through the stunning Myrtle Forest.
Hobart restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
Romantic stays in Hobart for Valentine's Day
Book into a hotel for the weekend and make Valentine's Day something to remember. Yes, even if you already live in Hobart.
All those things that keep you distracted at home – dirty dishes, washing that needs doing, food that needs cooking – are gone. It's just you and your loved one, spending time as a couple. Bliss.
Or perhaps you want to get out of Hobart for the weekend. Why not see if a weekend in Melbourne takes your fancy?