Are you in Hobart for Valentine's Day? Here are 34 ways to celebrate.
From dinners to city escapes to hotel rooms to nice (and naughty) gifts, we've looked at Valentine's Day in Hobart every which way.
Indulging in a degustation? We got that.
Getting sweaty in the great outdoors? We got that, too.
Booking a hotel room in Hobart's city centre? We've got some top notch suggestions.
Scroll through to see our top picks of what to do on Valentine's Day - or any other day of the year you plan to treat your significant other (wink).
9 romantic ideas for Valentine's Day or date-night
Tasmanian seafood cruise from Experience Oz
Spend a full-day cruise of sightseeing and experience eating oysters shucked straight from the water and gathering the freshest seafood.
Maria Island picnic lunch day tour from Experience Oz
A guided full day tour at Maria Island that includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Bonorong Wildlife sancturay from Experience Oz
Visit Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and see some of the Tasmanian Devils, koalas, kangaroos and more.
MONA Art and wine day from RedBalloon
Explore the exhibitions at MONA and a private tour at the vineyard, winery and taste some local wine. This also includes a 3-course lunch for two.
Tasmanian Ocean to plate seafood cruise from RedBalloon
Go on an adventure cruise on pristine waterways gathering fresh Tasmanian seafood and turning it out as delicious seafood feast.
Scenic helicopter flight from RedBalloon
A 15-minute scenic flight over the Tasman Peninsula that lets you see the amazing views of sea cliffs, beautiful beaches and the Port Arthur Historic Site.
Summer sailing yacht racing from RedBalloon
Board a 62-foot maxi ocean racer and join a fun and exhilarating twilight race on Derwent River.
3-hour Derwent cruise from RedBalloon
Board a luxury 62-foot maxi racer or cruiser on Valentine's Day and be thrilled with the amazing scenery of Tasmania.
Bruny Island Gourmet day tour from RedBalloon
Spend the day at Bruny Island and explore the stunning scenery and wildlife plus have a sumptuous 7-courses local produce lunch for two.
3 romantic getaways in Hobart for Valentine's Day
Moorilla sleepover at MONA from RedBalloonView details
Bruny Island luxury getaway from RedBalloonView details
Luxury Tasmanian getaway from RedBalloonView details
11 other romantic things to do in Hobart for Valentine's Day
- Live the life of luxury and sail the River Derwent on a veteran yacht of the Sydney to Hobart.
- Experience the thrill of an adrenaline rush by turning upside down in a aerobatic experience flight over Hobart in a WWII aircraft.
- Experience a scenic flight and boat trip through Tasmania's South West National Park.
- Book a luxury VIP overnight stay at MONA Pavilions, which overlooks the River Derwent. Includes helicopter transfers from Hobart Airport, a two-course lunch with Moorila wines, private tour of the wineries, entry into MONA, breakfast for two at The Source and so much more.
- Treat yourselves a luxurious weekend getaway at one of Hobart's lauded five star hotels and make the most of the wine cellar, spa and gourmet breakfasts.
- Visit Salamanca Markets for the food, music, arts & crafts, friendly banter, village atmosphere and – let's face it – one of the best coffees in Tasmania.
- Climb Mount Wellington. There's nothing that brings two people closer together like getting an adrenaline rush by achieving something incredible. Say, climbing a mountain.
- Or cycle back down Mount Wellington. The Mt Wellington Descent Cycling team will ferry you up the mountain and you can spend the day cycling back down through the scenic countryside.
- Visit MONA. There's a reason this much-famed art gallery slash museum attracts visitors Australia-wide. Spend the day in the Berriedale peninsula and find out why for yourself.
- Catch Ben Folds at the Theatre Royal.
- Hike together through the stunning Myrtle Forest.
Hobart restaurants for a Valentine's Day dinner
1. The Source | 655 Main Rd, Berriedale
MONA's above-ground restaurant brings it's own flair to French cuisine.
A la carte breakfast and lunch options are available so you can choose what you like (which is never a bad thing).
03 6277 9904 | email@example.com
2. Grape Bar | 55 Salamanca Place
Local wine, heated outdoor seating and a small but delectible selection of tapas sounds like a match made in heaven. (Here's where we insert a corny joke about "Except for you and your lover, of course", but we don't stoop to those levels.)
03 6224 0611 | firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Da Angelo Ristorante | 47 Hampden Rd, Battery Point
Italian doesn't get more authentic that hand made gnocchi prepared daily by two Italian mamas.
Owners Angelo and Marco will welcome you in, sit you down, plonk an authentic
Neapolitan pizza with fresh herbs and a crusty base in front of you and make sure you never want to leave.
(03) 6223 7011