There are loads of unique and romantic ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Darwin. You just have to know where to look.
Darwin is a culturally rich city that is quintessentially Australian. The stunning, rugged landscape coupled with the laidback vibe makes it the perfect place to chill out and explore.
If you live in Darwin or are planning on holidaying there during Valentine's Day, you're in luck. There are loads of fun ways to celebrate with you partner.
Scroll through to see our top picks of 30 fun ways to spend Valentine's Day in Darwin.
12 romantic things to do in Darwin on Valentine's Day
- Marvel at the panoramic views, breathtaking nature and ancient Aboriginal art in the Kakadu National Park.
- Take a day cruise through the spectacular Katherine Gorge and visit Edith Falls.
- An excuse to cuddle up to your Valentine? Crocodile spotting on the Adelaide River.
- Explore the Litchfield National Park and swim in the plunge pools fed by the Florence Falls, Tolmer Falls and Wangi Falls.
- After all that adventure, treat your partner to a 45 minutes back, neck and leg relaxation massage.
- Take a historical tour of Australia's front line during WWII.
- Share the love with a meaningful gesture that will make a real difference. Adopt a Wildlife Child and help preserve Australia’s unique fauna.
- Take in the city sights with an informative tour through Darwin’s fascinating history. Visit museums, stroll through the Botanical gardens and end it all with a sunset cruise.
- Soften the blow of a romance packed V-day and slip in a V8 Race Car Driving Experience.
- Indulge with an organic facial and manicure or pedicure.
- Meet up later for a movie date.
- Top it all off with a Sunset Dinner cruise on the Darwin harbour.
Darwin restaurants for Valentine's Day dinner
1. Hanuman Restaurant | Doubletree Esplanade, 93 Mitchell Street
Hanuman is the creation of celebrated chef Jimmy Shu who combines classic recipes, traditionally trained chefs and modern flavours for a fresh twist on South East Asian, Indian and Nonya cuisines.
08 8941 3500 | email@example.com
2. Yots Greek Taverna | 54 Marina Blvd
Multi award winning Yots specialise in modern and traditional Greek cuisine on the dazzling waterfront boardwalk at Cullen Bay. Famous for its upscale food and low key elegance.
08 8981 4433 | firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CHOW! | Shops D1 & D2, 19 Kitchener Drive
Classic tangy, spicy, fresh Vietnamese food. Chow! is a casual dining experience that focuses on the taste explosion of its dishes. If you want to keep it casual and just chow down this Valentine’s day, this chilled out restaurant might be the perfect place.
08 8941 7625 | email@example.com