There are loads of unique and romantic ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Darwin. You just have to know where to look.
Darwin is a culturally rich city that is quintessentially Australian. The stunning, rugged landscape coupled with the laidback vibe makes it the perfect place to chill out and explore.
If you live in Darwin or are planning on holidaying there during Valentine's Day, you're in luck. There are loads of fun ways to celebrate with you partner.
Scroll through to see our top picks of ways to spend Valentine's Day in Darwin.
4 things to do in Darwin for romantic dates
Darwin sunset cruise with dinner from Viator
Experience the famous Top End sun set over Fannie Bay on this personalized Darwin Harbour sunset cruise with a difference and enjoy meal of fresh fish and chips.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Destination: Stokes Hill Wharf
Sunset sailing with dinner from RedBalloon
Catamaran sailing mostly by wind power, you'll kick back and watch the gorgeous sunset with a cool wine or mid beer, an antipasto platter and a great Aussie BBQ meal.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Destination: Cullen Bay Marina
Sunset turtle watching excursion from Viator
A magical experience designed for lovers of wildlife.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Destination: Bare Sand Island
Scenic helicopter flight tour from RedBalloon
Fly over Darwin City and take in amazing scenic views from the air!
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Destination: Charles Darwin National Park
8 romantic things to do in Darwin on Valentine's Day
- Marvel at the panoramic views, breathtaking nature and ancient Aboriginal art in the Kakadu National Park.
- Take a day cruise through the spectacular Katherine Gorge and take a swim in Edith Falls.
- An excuse to cuddle up to your Valentine? Crocodile spotting on the Adelaide River.
- Explore the Litchfield National Park and swim in the plunge pools fed by the Florence Falls, Tolmer Falls and Wangi Falls.
- After all that adventure, treat your partner to a 2.5 hour exotic spa rituals pack.
- Drink up the view of Darwin from above in a magical helicopter ride over the city and its surrounds.
- Meet up for a movie date.
- Top it all off with an EcoTourism Australia accredited sunset dinner cruise with complimentary BBQ dinner, drinks and antipasto platter.
Darwin restaurants for Valentine's Day dinner
1. HanumaTn Restaurant | Doubletree Esplanade, 93 Mitchell Street
Hanuman is the creation of celebrated chef Jimmy Shu who combines classic recipes, traditionally trained chefs and modern flavours for a fresh twist on South East Asian, Indian and Nonya cuisines.
08 8941 3500 | email@example.com
2. Yots Greek Taverna | 54 Marina Blvd
Multi award winning Yots specialise in modern and traditional Greek cuisine on the dazzling waterfront boardwalk at Cullen Bay.
Famous for its upscale food and low key elegance.
08 8981 4433 | firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CHOW! | Shops D1 & D2, 19 Kitchener Drive
Classic tangy, spicy, fresh Vietnamese food. Chow! is a casual dining experience that focuses on the taste explosion of its dishes.
If you want to keep it casual and just chow down this Valentine’s Day, this chilled out restaurant might be the perfect place.
08 8941 7625 | email@example.com