Keep Valentine’s Day casual this year and celebrate with silliness.
5 reasons to replace that ‘I love you’ message in your Valentine’s Day card
Lets face it: Valentine’s Day is fun reason to get romantic, but probably not the most meaningful milestone in a relationship. Here’s why you should consider replacing the romance with humour.
- Often a silly and funny message is more romantic.
- If you plan on wooing a secret admirer, injecting a bit of humour will make you seem a bit cooler and a bit more casual.
- Funny messages are (duh!) more fun to write. There is less pressure to find that perfect turn of phrase and the moment when you give your gift will be more relaxed.
- It shows you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Laughter heals all wounds!
How to write your own funny message
- Keep away from things which may cause offence. Emotions have the tendency to run high on Valentine’s Day and you don’t want your message taken the wrong way.
- Stick to appropriate messages that are silly and sweet rather than sharp.
- Have a go at a funny poem. It doesn’t need to be a masterpiece to be appreciated, just honest and expressive.
If you're stuck for ideas, you can ‘choose a message out of a hat’ with a web based silly message generator. Just click ‘ Next Message’ for fun, unique (and sometimes naughty) messages.
Best Valentine’s Day cards with funny sayings
Best retailers for funny Valentine’s Day cards and gifts
All of Vistaprint’s products can be personalised to include your own messages and images, perfect for the non-romantic on V-Day.
Zazzle online graphic and printing site with a youthful vibe and a selection of funny Valentine’s Day option.
Asos has on trend Valentine’s Day items for twenty and thirty somethings.
Fine Stationery take a more classy approach, but you can order the products printed with your personal funny message.
Amazon’s range is hard to beat, handy if you’re after obscure or off-beat Valentine’s Day gifts.