Keep Valentine’s Day casual this year and celebrate with silliness.
If flowery notes and sappy poetry make you want to cringe and your partner is more likely to giggle in the face of a grand romantic gesture, you are not alone. A lot of people would rather celebrate Valentine's Day with a laugh than with a candle lit dinner.
Read on for the perfect antidote to Valentine’s Day mush: humour with a twist of cynicism.
Top funny Valentine's Day cards
Huge Coffee Cut Shaped Valentine's Card 2'x3'
You are an 11/10
You're the solution to all my equations - Newton
I Chews You!
You're The Best Thing on The Menu!
My Happiness Chart
I A-Dumbledore You
I Got My Heart Eyes On You
Valentines Day Card 2018 - Cute Head
Veronica Dearly Ryan Gosling Valentines Card
True Love is giving up the Netflix remote for the entire night
Ohh Deer Wanna Bone Valentines Card
I Really Lucking Fove You
Veronica Dearly I Love You Cheese Valentines Card
TACHE 3D Love is a Sausage Dog Valentines Card & Wrap Pack
I Love You As Much As Gemma Collins Memes
I got Chew(Bacca) this card
Do You Like Me?
Zombie in Cemetery Valentine’s Day Card
Be My Valentine? I'll cry if you don't!
Hotter than Gosling card
Funny Valentine's Day Cards
5 reasons to replace that ‘I love you’ message in your Valentine’s Day card
Valentine’s Day is fun reason to get romantic, but who said romance has to be serious? Here’s why you should consider replacing the sappy stuff with humour.
- Often a silly and funny message is more romantic.
- If you plan on wooing a secret admirer, injecting a bit of humour will make you seem a bit cooler and a bit more casual.
- Funny messages are (duh!) more fun to write. There is less pressure to find that perfect turn of phrase and the moment when you give your gift will be more relaxed.
- It shows you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Laughter heals all wounds!
How to write your own funny message
- Keep away from things which may cause offence. Emotions have the tendency to run high on Valentine’s Day and you don’t want your message taken the wrong way.
- Stick to appropriate messages that are silly and sweet rather than sharp. Puns are always a top choice.
- Have a go at a funny poem. It doesn’t need to be a masterpiece to be appreciated, just honest and expressive.
If you're stuck for ideas, you can ‘choose a message out of a hat’ with a web based silly message generator. Just click ‘ Next Message’ for fun, unique (and sometimes naughty) messages.
Best retailers for funny Valentine’s Day cards and gifts
All of Vistaprint’s products can be personalised to include your own messages and images, perfect for the non-romantic on V-Day.
Zazzle online graphic and printing site with a youthful vibe and a selection of funny Valentine’s Day option.
Asos has on trend Valentine’s Day items for twenty and thirty somethings.
This online marketplace is perfect if you're looking for something hand-crafted or one-of-a-kind.
Australian favourite, Typo is one of the best destinations for fun and slightly sarcastic gifts and stationery.