For those kicking back and relaxing in Canberra for Valentine's Day, here are the 29 most romantic ways you can spend it.
Image: Visit Canberra
10 romantic things to do in Canberra for Valentine's Day
- Be a kid in Questacon. Don't forget the zero-gravity free fall drop. It's hands down the best fun that can be had here.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over Canberra. Take in all the national capital's highlights from above and then celebrate the journey with a tipple upon landing.
- Have a cheetah encounter at the zoo. Make a trip to the zoo that much more memorable by booking in an up close and personal encounter with one of its resident cheetahs.
- Take a night photography workshop together. And don't forget you should snap some photos of the city as well as of each other.
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia.
- Hike up to Black Mountain Tower. Formally Telstra Tower, this building rises 195 metres above Black Mountain and takes in a full panoramic view of the city of Canberra.
- Visit the theatre. On 'Broadway' (so to speak) this Valentine's Day are shows like Sweet Charity, while on the live music scene there's Canberra Symphony Orchestra's Shell Prom Concert: A Touch of Tartan and The National Portrait Gallery presents Evensong.
- Clink glasses in a winery. Canberra is surrounded by many, including Four Winds, Lark Hill and Mount Majura. Screw it, just head into the general Canberra Wine District area and go for your life.
- Rent a pair of bikes and spend the Saturday out, cycling part of the 145km loop if the Cycle the Centenary Trail. It takes you through the cities urban and natural 'treasures'.
- Sit on the dock and soak up the sun at the Kingston foreshore.
Canberra restaurants for Valentine's Day dinner
Romantic stays in Canberra for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day gifts for her
A staycation or weekend getaway is amazing and all, but you really should cap the night off with a gift to make her melt. That way, there will be no saying that you didn't try, or that you weren't 'romantic' enough. Here's our pick of the mix:
Valentine's Day gifts for him
As much as this date really SHOULD be about the girl (you know, showering her with love, romance, jewellery, roses etc), what kind of people would we be if all we did was take, take, take? Give something back to your man, you know he's secretly hoping you will.
Valentine's Day Deals
Free express delivery for orders over $25
Get free express delivery for orders over $25 at Surfstitch. Within Australia only.