From wine tasting and cocktails to a hot air balloon or helicopter ride, we've got you covered for Valentine's Day. So if you're stuck for ideas for a romantic day out, these pre-packaged activities are sure to wow that special someone in your life.
- Hike up to Black Mountain Tower. Formally the Telstra Tower, this building rises 195 metres above Black Mountain and takes in the full panoramic view of the city of Canberra.
- Go on a bike ride. Cycle part of the 145km loop of the Cycle the Centenary Trail. It takes you through the city's urban and natural "treasures".
- Stroll through the Australian National Botanic Gardens. Hand in hand, naturally.
- Hike the trails at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. For something more active and less touristy than Black Mountain.
- Visit a gallery or museum. The National Gallery of Australia, the Royal Australian Mint, the National Film and Sound Archive and the National Portrait Gallery are a few that offer free admission. Before you go, check if you need to book, as some galleries and museums are on timed admissions due to COVID-19.
- Clink glasses in a winery. Canberra is surrounded by many wineries, including Four Winds, Lark Hill and Mount Majura. Screw it, just head into the general Canberra Wine District and go for your life. While not completely free, it's still an affordable day out if you only grab one bottle or opt for a tasting.