For those in Canberra on Valentine's Day, here are the 29 most romantic ways to celebrate.
Canberra is a cultural melting pot and a quiet oasis for you and your loved one to kick back and get romantic. From park walks and museum talks to mountain bikes and luxurious bites, there are loads of sweet, fun and unique ways to celebrate with your partner is Canberra this year.
If you're stuck for ideas for Valentine's Day 2018 or simply a romantic day out, don't stress. We've got plenty. Scroll through to see the best activities to do on Valentine's Day (or any other day for that matter) in Canberra with your significant other.
- Be a kid at Questacon. Don't forget the zero-gravity free fall drop. It's hands down the best fun that can be had here.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over Canberra. Take in all the national capital's highlights from above and then celebrate the journey with a tipple upon landing.
- Have a cheetah encounter at the zoo. Make a trip to the zoo that much more memorable by booking in an up close and personal encounter with one of its resident cheetahs.
- Take a night photography workshop together. And don't forget you should snap some photos of the city as well as of each other.
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia.
- Hike up to Black Mountain Tower. Formally Telstra Tower, this building rises 195 metres above Black Mountain and takes in a full panoramic view of the city of Canberra.
- Visit the theatre. On 'Broadway' (so to speak) this Valentine's Day are shows like Sweet Charity, while on the live music scene there's Canberra Symphony Orchestra's Shell Prom Concert: A Touch of Tartan and The National Portrait Gallery presents Evensong.
- Clink glasses in a winery. Canberra is surrounded by many, including Four Winds, Lark Hill and Mount Majura. Screw it, just head into the general Canberra Wine District area and go for your life.
- Rent a pair of bikes and spend the Saturday out, cycling part of the 145km loop if the Cycle the Centenary Trail. It takes you through the cities urban and natural 'treasures'.
- Sit on the dock and soak up the sun at the Kingston foreshore.