For those in Canberra on Valentine's Day, here are the 29 most romantic ways to celebrate.
Canberra is a cultural melting pot and a quiet oasis for you and your loved one to kick back and get romantic. From park walks and museum talks to mountain bikes and luxurious bites, there are loads of sweet, fun and unique ways to celebrate with your partner is Canberra this year.
If you're stuck for ideas for Valentine's Day 2018 or simply a romantic day out, don't stress. We've got plenty. Scroll through to see the best activities to do on Valentine's Day (or any other day for that matter) in Canberra with your significant other.
10 romantic things to do in Canberra for Valentine's Day
- Be a kid at Questacon. Don't forget the zero-gravity free fall drop. It's hands down the best fun that can be had here.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over Canberra. Take in all the national capital's highlights from above and then celebrate the journey with a tipple upon landing.
- Have a cheetah encounter at the zoo. Make a trip to the zoo that much more memorable by booking in an up close and personal encounter with one of its resident cheetahs.
- Take a night photography workshop together. And don't forget you should snap some photos of the city as well as of each other.
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia.
- Hike up to Black Mountain Tower. Formally Telstra Tower, this building rises 195 metres above Black Mountain and takes in a full panoramic view of the city of Canberra.
- Visit the theatre. On 'Broadway' (so to speak) this Valentine's Day are shows like Sweet Charity, while on the live music scene there's Canberra Symphony Orchestra's Shell Prom Concert: A Touch of Tartan and The National Portrait Gallery presents Evensong.
- Clink glasses in a winery. Canberra is surrounded by many, including Four Winds, Lark Hill and Mount Majura. Screw it, just head into the general Canberra Wine District area and go for your life.
- Rent a pair of bikes and spend the Saturday out, cycling part of the 145km loop if the Cycle the Centenary Trail. It takes you through the cities urban and natural 'treasures'.
- Sit on the dock and soak up the sun at the Kingston foreshore.
Canberra restaurants for Valentine's Day dinner
1. Aubergine |18 Baker St
Whether it's a 2, a 3 or a 5 course meal you're delighting in, Aubergine hits all the right notes in flavour, warmth and presentation. Always spot-on and never pretentious, there's a reason why this is a Canberra fave. Don't forget to pair your meal with one of the delicious tipples off the Wine List for a Valentine's Day date well done.
02 6260 8666 | firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Temporada | 15 Moore St
If Aubergine is booked out for the evening of the 14 February, try its sister restaurant Temporada. Although younger, she's still one of the city's best and boasts a delectable menu of natural or woodgrilled oysters and BBQ octopus as well as some more unique treats such as eel croquettes and pigs head rolls. Stay safe or be adventurous, it's your choice. Not open on Sundays.
02 6249 6683 | email@example.com
3. Waters Edge Restaurant | 40 Parkes Pl
Anyone familiar with the dining scene in Canberra will be familiar with this stalwart. Situated along the riverfront,this fine dining experience comes complete with crisp white tablecloths and pristine artistic presentation plate after plate. The cuisine is notably modern European-Australian and the attire, well, you'd best not look out of place and remember to wear your Sunday best. Not that you wouldn't on a day like today, anyway.
02 6273 5066 | firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Monster Kitchen & Bar, 25 Edinburgh Ave
Housed inside the swanky Hotel Hotel hotel (apologies for the repetition) is this award winning monster of a restaurant. Headed by Sean McConnell, prepare your tastebuds for a sumptuous and luxurious dine that will really set the fire to the bar.
02 6287 6287 | email@example.com