How to Use Your Smartphone as a Netflix Remote
Avoid the clunky menus of Netflix Australia by controlling it from your smartphone.
Despite all the wonderful, amazing things that Netflix Australia has brought us, there’s one needlessly confusing aspect that we can’t seem to wrap our heads around– navigation. As we’ve learnt recently, a majority of Netflix traffic comes from recommendations and less and less people are hitting that little search glass icon and hunting for a particular title.
And, if you’re running Netflix Australia from a Smart TV then just forget it, because inputting text with a television remote is aggravating at best. But never fear timid Netflix user, because finder.com.au has found the solution, using your smartphone as a remote for Netflix Australia.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Note: We’ve only had the chance to test this method out on Wii U and PS4.
- Start by connecting both your smartphone and viewing device (Smart TV, PS4, Wii U etc.) to your home Wi-Fi.
- Launch the Netflix application from both your Smartphone and designated viewing device.
- Make sure that both devices are logged into the one account.
- Select the ‘Cast Icon’ in the bottom right-hand corner of your mobile screen.
- Once you hit that button, you will see a list of connected devices appear. Select the device you wish to connect to.
- Done! You can now rewind, fast-forward, pause, go to the menu, all from the convenience of your mobile device. It’s kind of like having a really expensive remote control.