Avoid the clunky menus of Netflix Australia by controlling it from your smartphone.
Despite all the wonderful, amazing things that Netflix Australia has brought us, there’s one needlessly confusing aspect that we can’t seem to wrap our heads around– navigation. As we’ve learnt recently, a majority of Netflix traffic comes from recommendations and less and less people are hitting that little search glass icon and hunting for a particular title.
And, if you’re running Netflix Australia from a Smart TV then just forget it, because inputting text with a television remote is aggravating at best. But never fear timid Netflix user, because Finder has found the solution, using your smartphone as a remote for Netflix Australia.
Note: We’ve only had the chance to test this method out on Wii U and PS4.
- Start by connecting both your smartphone and viewing device (Smart TV, PS4, Wii U etc.) to your home Wi-Fi.
- Launch the Netflix application from both your Smartphone and designated viewing device.
- Make sure that both devices are logged into the one account.
- Select the ‘Cast Icon’ in the bottom right-hand corner of your mobile screen.
- Once you hit that button, you will see a list of connected devices appear. Select the device you wish to connect to.
- Done! You can now rewind, fast-forward, pause, go to the menu, all from the convenience of your mobile device. It’s kind of like having a really expensive remote control.
No smart TV? No problem
If your TV doesn't support the above "casting" feature out of the box, you'll need to hook it up to a device that does. Along with video game consoles, you can use dedicated streaming boxes like Telstra TV and the Fetch set-top boxes. If you don't already have a suitable device, one of the easiest and cheapest options is to purchase a Google Chromecast.
- How to watch PGA Tour Championship golf online in Australia
- Disney+ streaming service to launch in Australia and New Zealand on November 19
- This week in streaming: Unholy televangelists and real-life Fast and Furious
- How to watch UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic live stream online in Australia
- Where to watch the WSL online in Australia