Unity Bank Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate for 6 months with no balance transfer fee
- 7.49% p.a.
- Purchase rate for the first 6 months (reverts to 13.24%)
- 7.49% p.a.
- Annual fee for the first year ($60 p.a. thereafter)
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Unity Bank Visa Credit Card charges a low introductory rate that stays in place for the first 6 months, and it then starts charging a low ongoing rate. If you use this card suitably, you can get up to 55 interest-free days on all purchases. You don’t have to pay any annual fee for the first year, and subsequent years attract a nominal annual fee.
7.49% p.a. for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
$0 first-year annual fee
Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Does not include rewards program or complimentary insurance covers
|Product Name||Unity Bank Visa Card|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||7.49% for 6 months, then 13.24%|
|Purchase rate p.a.||7.49% for 6 months, then 13.24%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||13.24%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 first year ($60 after)|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to apply
Visit any Unity Bank branch to apply or you can also submit an online enquiry. To start the application process, simply complete an online application form. Applying for this Visa Credit Card requires that you meet certain eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Credit history. You should have good credit history.
- Personal details. This includes your date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and driver's license number.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide information about your current work, including your employer's name and contact details and employment status.
- Financial details. You'll need to confirm your annual income with recent payslips or bank statements. You'll also be asked to list your assets, liabilities and expenses.
- Low introductory rate. All transactions you make using this Visa Credit Card attract a low introductory rate of 7.49% for the first 6 months. By using this card to transfer balances from other cards that charge higher interest, you can save considerably in the form of interest. The low interest you pay on purchases and cash advances in this period would also lead to savings.
- Low ongoing rate. At the end of the introductory 6-month period, a low ongoing rate of 13.24% p.a. will apply on the card. This rate, again, applies on all transactions, which could leading to further savings in the long run depending on how you use the card.
- Interest-free days on all purchases. Unlike most other cards that only offer interest-free days if you pay your account's closing balance in full every month, this card has no such requirement. Irrespective of your account's outstanding balance, this card provides you with up to 55 interest-free days on all purchases.
- Funds anywhere, anytime. You can access funds using this Visa card in most countries around the world, at ATMs as well as at EFTPOS terminals. You simply have to look for the Visa logo. You can also use this Visa card to pay bills and make purchases over the internet and phone.
- Visa Secure. When your credit card details make it to the online world, this service provides extra security.
- Mobile payment technology. Make contactless payments using your eligible device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card attracts a nominal annual fee of $60, which you don't have to pay for the first 12 months. If you have an All in One Home Loan with this bank, you don't have to pay the ongoing annual fee.
- Introductory interest rate. The low introductory interest rate of 7.49% stays in place for the first 6 months, and applies on purchases and balance transfers.
- Interest-free days. You don't have to pay your account's closing balance in full to take advantage of the interest-free days this card offers, and you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on all purchases.
- Additional cardholders. You can get a free additional card for any person you nominate, provided the person is at least 16 years old.
- Cash advances. Aside from locating ATMs that display the Visa logo for cash advances, you can make over-the-counter cash advances at financial institutions that accept Visa.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked