Browse the latest special offers and deals that reward you for becoming a UniHealth member.
In an effort to entice new members to buy health insurance cover, private health funds offer a wide range of special deals and promotions.
UniHealth is a private health fund exclusively for the Australian higher education community and their families. Run by Australia’s largest industry-based health fund, Teachers Health, UniHealth offers a broad range of health cover options. Check out its latest new-member offers and promotions below.
Current deals offered by UniHealth
Popular Health Insurance Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|18 Apr 2019||Get up to one month free + 2 and 6 month waits waived||ONE****|
|1 Apr 2019||Get a gift card worth up to $200 when joining hospital & extras||GIF****|
|9 Apr 2019||Skip the waits on 2 & 6 month extras, plus up to $400 off||********|
|15 Mar 2019||Finder exclusive: Get up to $200 cash back with hospital and extras.||********|
Why should I consider joining UniHealth?
Thinking of becoming a UniHealth member? In addition to the offers above, there are several other important reasons why it’s worth considering becoming a UniHealth member, including:
- Not-for-profit fund. As UniHealth is a not-for-profit health fund, it is not run to benefit shareholders or foreign owners. Instead, its profits are invested back into the organisation to provide better products and services for members.
- Member Wellbeing Network. UniHealth members can enjoy access to the Member Wellbeing Network, which provides access to high-quality care from a number of partner healthcare providers. This allows you to enjoy member offers and discounts on a wide range of extras services, including some no-gap offers.
- Increasing benefit limits. If you take out Top Extras cover with UniHealth, your benefit limits will increase the longer you remain a member. This allows you to enjoy a higher level of cover for major dental and orthodontic services.
- Health management programs and services. UniHealth helps members to maintain, improve and manage their wellbeing through a number of health management programs and services. This includes a new family program, hospital care at home, rehabilitation at home, weight loss/management, diabetes management and chronic disease management.
- Teachers Health Centres. UniHealth members can also enjoy access to Teachers Health Centres, which offer state-of-the-art dental, optical and allied health facilities. This means you can enjoy benefits such as no-gap preventative dental services, optical discounts and savings on physio, chiro and remedial massage services.
- 10% travel insurance discount. UniHealth members are entitled to a 10% discount on UniHealth travel insurance, which is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
- Multi-policy discounts. If you’re a UniHealth member and you also purchase home and contents, landlord or motor vehicle insurance through UniHealth, you could be eligible for a multi-policy discount.
What policies can I choose from?
UniHealth offers hospital cover, extras cover and combined cover designed to suit the health insurance needs of the higher education community. Its product range includes:
- Hospital cover. There are four levels of hospital cover to choose from: Top Hospital, Mid Hospital, Mid Classic and Basic Hospital.
- Extras cover. UniHealth provides two extras cover choices: Top Extras and Essential Extras.
- Combined hospital and extras cover. UniHealth’s StarterPak provides hospital and extras cover for young people who want value for money cover for essential services only.
- Ambulance cover. UniHealth Emergency Ambulance Cover is included in all hospital and extras products, or is available as a standalone policy if you’d prefer.
Take a look at our UniHealth health insurance review for more information on the policies available and how to join the fund.
What do I do when I need to claim?
If you’d like to submit a health insurance extras claim to UniHealth, you can do so in the following ways:
- On the spot. You can swipe your UniHealth membership card on the spot when you visit a healthcare provider that supports electronic claiming.
- Via a mobile app. The UniHealth member app allows you to lodge a claim by uploading a photo of your itemised receipt or invoice. The app is available for download on Apple and Android mobile devices.
- Online. By logging into the UniHealth Online Member Services area, you can lodge a claim for the following extras services: Acupuncture, chiropractic, complementary therapies, remedial massage, optical, physiotherapy and podiatry.
- By mail. You can download a claim form from the UniHealth website, complete it, and then send it along with your invoice or receipt to UniHealth, GPO Box 9812, Sydney NSW 2001.
- In person. You can also take your completed claim form and accompanying receipt to a Member Care Centre located at a Teachers Health Centre to submit a claim in person.
- Via email. Completed claim forms and attached receipts can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org