Unbelievable hotels: Kauri Tree Hut
Just an hour and a half away from Auckland you can unwind under a canopy of kauri trees in a secluded yet romantic tree hut.
- Hotel name: Kauri Tree Hut
- Where: Mangawhai, Kaipara
What's unique about this property:
It's just you, your loved one and the trees at this property that is made up of three huts connected by a large deck suspended in the trees.
This tree hut getaway is completely off-grid with no electricity or Wi-Fi. However there is a gas fridge, BBQ and solar-powered lights.
There is a kitchen in one hut that is eco-friendly but stylish, a bathroom occupies the second hut and the third is a lounge with a loft bed.
On the deck you’ll find a hanging chair and an outdoor bath, which creates the perfect romantic atmosphere in this forest that you’ll have all to yourself.
What to do in the area:
Though the area may seem secluded, you will find activities close by. Not far away is the coastline where you’ll find a popular surf beach. Or if you crave a bit more adventure, try sand duning on a bodyboard or mountain biking.
But if you want something sweet then the place to be is the chocolate factory just down the road in Mangawhai village, where the Saturday market can’t be missed either.
There are also vineyards and olive groves nearby for tastings before you head back to watch the sun set over the hills and ocean just a short walk from the huts.
Search for your unique stay below:
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do
- Vivid Sydney 2021: 7 unique ways to experience it
- Before and after: How COVID-19 affected Australian consumer behaviour
- 10 ways to treat Mum using Dine and Discover on Mother’s Day