Uluru holiday package deals for August 2020
Explore the Red Centre for less with these Uluru holiday package deals.
Much more than just a mammoth lump of sandstone, Uluru is of huge significance to the local Indigenous people who have lived in the area for more than 10,000 years. It’s a symbol of Australia’s natural beauty, wildness, and ancient history. Uluru is a must-see landmark for tourists and Australians alike.
Latest Uluru travel deals
Fast facts about Uluru
Where is it? Uluru, sometimes known as Ayers Rock, is often called the heart of Australia. Located in the Northern Territory, it’s surrounded by endless miles of red desert. The closest major town, Alice Springs, is almost 6 hours away by car.
How do I get there? Fly directly to Ayers Rock Airport from Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns or Alice Springs. You can also fly to Alice Springs Airport from other major Australian cities and catch a bus or hire a car to get from Alice Springs to Uluru, a journey of about 4.5 to 5 hours. Read more...
When should I go? To avoid the extreme heat of summer, travel to Uluru between May and September – but try to avoid the school holidays in June or July. Read more...
What should I do?
- Catch the Uluru Field of Light installation, which has now been extended to 2020.
- Take a pre-dawn walk to watch the sun rise.
- Explore the paths around the base of the rock.
- Immerse yourself in Indigenous culture.
- Hike around the nearby Olgas (Kata Tjuṯa).
- Ride a camel through the desert.
- Take a day trip to Kings Canyon, and continue on to Alice Springs. Read more...
Ask an Expert